• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there streetview there?

Comment

Apparently so

Comment

Heh yes I'd worked my way down through Malaysia to the Indonesian islands...there's a lot of them though...

Comment

Been away from this thread during a busy week, and frustrated as I might have had a chance on Noumea since we’ve been there. My daughter is going back in a couple of weeks as it happens. Anyway, despite having contributed zero, there seems to be a lull while many are asleep so I will pop in a couple of views from the same spot, which I doubt will challenge:

Comment

Comment

Demonic child statues

What fresh Hell is this?

Our UK bin experts have all retired for the night,

Comment

Just off to bed now but I'm glad Sits has provided suitable nightmare fuel.

The haunted children are placed all around the speed bumps so probably a bizarre driving safety initiative of some kind, most likely near a school

Comment

it is right by a school - those yellow zig zags give me flashbacks. The school driveway is inbetween on the left.

Comment

PESTUK tells us that "Pest control services for Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, Wiltshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey & London"

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                      Just off to bed now but I'm glad Sits has provided suitable nightmare fuel.

The haunted children are placed all around the speed bumps so probably a bizarre driving safety initiative of some kind, most likely near a school
                      Hell's teeth, I was about to try to sleep as well.

Sweet dreams, children.

Comment

'Child bollards' apparently and there seems to have been a craze for them with councils so they're in loads of places. Here are some doppelgänger in West Acton

Area served by PEST UK: Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, Wiltshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey & London. (edit: great minds etc.)

Comment

And you people think we are weird

Comment

I must say though I think they might make me slow down. But they might also make me emergency stop and get rear-ended by the vehicle behind.

Comment

Maidenhead. I wonder if anybody on the board went to school in Maidenhead by any chance?

Actually off to bed now

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                Maidenhead. I wonder if anybody on the board went to school in Maidenhead by any chance?

Actually off to bed now
                                Well played Fussers; funnily enough, the demon children wear the uniform of Courthouse Junior School which I did happen to attend between 1971 and 1975. It's not changed much other than we weren't allowed long trousers, and had to wear ties. The flats in the first view (Greenlands Court) are also significant as I lived in two of those visible. When my parents split in 1970 we moved with my Mum and stepdad to the middle flat in the base of the U shaped block (the balcony door is visible to the left of the big conifer). I incurred two injuries requiring hospital visits while in that flat, both self inflicted I hasten to add. The upstairs neighbours were so loud we sold, then moved to the top floor flat over on the right.

It was a handy trip to school.
                                Last edited by Sits; 08-10-2022, 02:51.

Comment

Jeez, I come on to this thread looking to pass the time this evening and am greeted by those... things. They're even worse when you get closer and see their blurred out faces.

Comment

And beyond the school, guarded by the silent sentinels is a youth centre where I took the future Mrs. S to a disco on one of our first dates.

Comment

Their faces are blurred. Oh sorry, cross post with S. aureus

Comment

I notice those West Acton kids are a lot cooler than their stitched-up Home Counties cousins.

Comment

Sits going to school like:

Comment

Is there a squid game theme park now?

Comment

Not sure. Somewhere, probably. Hell - there is a house that has a Stranger Things theme round here that has ended up in a massive legal fight with neighbors. I don't watch Stranger Things, but apparently their levitating figure was a BIG hit on TikTok.

Comment

Outside Seoul

https://blog.waug.com/squid-game-park-seoul-korea/

Comment

Bugger, I was going to have the Squid Game doll mural in Linthorpe as the next one to continue the theme but the StreetView is a few months too old

Comment

Have this bucolic view instead

Comment

Working...
                                                    X