Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Fussbudget

A bit more on my process:

The youth baseball field is 100 percent North American, and the combination with the football/soccer field is very USIan.

The flag on the right in the third photo is a New York State flag.

The beige sign on the right of the first photo was a bit of a red herring, as it looks very much like a California State Historical Marker

though the surroundings are very much not the Sierra Nevada, the locus of the only ski jump in California.

Comment

That's a football ground on the left of the second photo

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        The flag on the right in the third photo is a New York State flag.
        Classic MS Paint coat of arms on that one. Also has a slight Mysterious Cities of Gold vibe for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          Well done. I thought Ursus might recognise the hills as Adirondacks. I like the ski-jump which was camouflaged to look a bit like the top of a colliery.
          I thought it was the top of a colliery, in part because I had no idea what the top of ski jump looks like either.

Comment

Yeah, I did wonder what that was and whether it was relevant....!

Comment

Terraces and terraces.

Comment

If only anyone had commented I'd have shown you the back of it: Which would have probably been an excellent red herring if you expected ski jumps to be on mountainsides.

Comment

Anyway, if Fuss's is not in some northern British town I'll be pretty surprised. Although my first thought of a football stand that close to terraced housing was Kenilworth Road, which is not northern (and is also wrong).

Comment

Thought we were at Ayresome Park for a minute!

Comment

Fusssbudget's MS Paint skills must be in a different realm to mine

Comment

...♫♩ Marching on togeBOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Hey!

Comment

Whoops

Comment

Got there in the end...
                              https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.61...7i16384!8i8192

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Fusssbudget's MS Paint skills must be in a different realm to mine

Aaah, but then you zoom in and it's all

Comment

The Olympic Ski Jumps in Oslo and Innsbruck (among others), are open to the public when they aren't being used for competition, and the Oslo one has an observation deck that allows one to look out from the top over the jump.

It is not recommended for anyone with the slightest bit of acrophobia, but those who brave it will never view the sport in quite the same way again.

Comment

I was a combination of too terrified and too cheap to try going up the Innsbruck one when I was there.

Comment

Off to bed now in case you late night people / different time zone people want to have a go...

Comment

zi never knew that Fussbudget was Andrew Cuomo:s graphic designer

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                          Wow, very nice!

I thought it might be a tricky one despite the stadium because it looks so Northern English. I knew that parts of Belfast do but I was taken aback by how exactly this bit looks like Middlesbrough. Except you turn around and there's a massive gable end mural at the end of the street

The ground has a nice name also:

Comment

If no one else is moving it along, have some of this.

Comment

Feels very Scottish to me...(might be wrong!)

Comment

Hah, yes the reflection sort of gives it away...!

Comment

At work just now so can't really post, but it was about the third southward looking seafront place I looked at!

Comment

The second shot was to be that reflected view in all of its glory, if anyone else wants to tap the ball into the net....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X