No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean, I think I know where we are, but the road I'm looking down (in the second lot of pics) looks pretty much like that for mile after mile....

Comment

The road looks very coastal Carolina (either one). If Sits had started with those photos, I would have said Outer Banks, but the other pictures don't work very well for barrier islands.

Comment

I mean, we're in or very near Kill Devil Hills I believe....

Comment

That's where I was looking, too

Comment

I don’t think it’s reasonable for me to expect correct answers on both locations. Get one and I’ll confirm the other.

Comment

One more angle from the intersection.

Comment

I think this is the intersection:
                https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@36.01...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

Which is pretty close to here (not sure if you can read this)
                  https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@36.01...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

It is the entrance to the Wright Brothers memorial in KDH, isn't it?

Comment

It most certainly is. So shall I give you the other one? I’m about to sign off for the night, don’t want to stall the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        It is the entrance to the Wright Brothers memorial in KDH, isn't it?
                        Yes

Comment

is the other one anywhere nearby?

It would be either north (like Duck) or south (towards Wilmington) of KDH if so

Comment

Kitty Hawk for the other one:
                            https://goo.gl/maps/GUzaujdS3ccq44kPA

Comment

It’s Kitty Hawk, close to the Wrights’ garage:

Comment

Ah, excellent. Apologies for the self indulgence.

Comment

Ha! Just in time.

Comment

Do you have anything ready, S. aureus ? You're welcome if you do.

Comment

Nothing ready, no.

Comment

Hopefully this will take a little longer than Pudding Lane...

Comment

I'm presuming Italy based on the advert for something featuring Gassman.

Comment

The shared pedestrian bikepath sign on the right appears to match the Italian version.

Comment

The signs point to Italy but what's up with the tiny number plates? Also the vegetation suggests it's not Southern Italy

Comment

The tiny number plates could be San Marinese.

The scooters should be a clue. They are not ubiquitous in Italy.

Comment

We're in Rome I think. The Gassman poster is for a retrospective exhibition (or talk?) at the Parco Della Musica, and several intersections I've found have the same yellow traffic light poles. Presumably it's the Tiber on the left so it's just a case of finding the right intersection

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    The tiny number plates could be San Marinese.
                                                    Or Vatican City (!)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X