Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks more like WA than SA to me

Comment

90 degrees round. This probably won't help much but I wanted to give you more of a Slovenia type of challenge.

Comment

Well, it doesn't look to be inland

Comment

Big lol at the map of Australian states. Borders drawn with a big ruler by colonists with no regard for the local topography are always great but I hadn't seen one go the whole length of a continent before

Comment

There is a sort-of-hint in Ursus's map

Comment

I've found some of those distinctive power lines from the first picture in Adelaide for what it's worth

Comment

The power company in WS is undertaking a massive campaign to replace them following wild fires.

South Australia is better known for these https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stobie_pole

Comment

You’re all doing very well except Ursus who keeps trying to steer you wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    South Australia is better known for these https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stobie_pole
                    Ooh, isn't that what the pole in the second picture is? I can't tell if it's just a trick of the light

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                      Heh, now I was convinced the music we played was by Shostakovich ( as in your clip), but on checking, it appears we played the original music by Meisel....! https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...otemkin-review
                      That's very cool, to be a part of that and to be playing the original score in particular.

One of the best cinema/theatre experiences I've had was a few years ago when I went as a birthday treat to see the 1931 Bela Lugosi Dracula – a film that originally had no music, bar a couple of brief pieces within the actual scenes – being screened at the Wales Millennium Centre, with the score that Philip Glass composed specially for it in (if I recall) 1988, performed live in the auditorium by the Kronos Quartet and Glass himself. It was a unique challenge trying to watch both the screen and the musicians, because both were engrossing, but a fantastic one.

Comment

This may or may not help but we are seeing a very pale soil in the photos.

Comment

Actually it probably doesn’t help at all, but it’s pretty isn’t it?

Comment

Perhaps the kind of soil one would see in the Limestone Coast wine region?

Comment

This thread is worth it for the crazy maps.

Comment

I’m signing off for the night. Anyway, I look at Ursus’s earlier map and think “there’s only one of those wine regions that I’ve heard of as a wine region”. If you’ve made no progress when I wake up I’ll see if I can give you a pic that basically gives it away before I head out on the bicycle.

Comment

So it is the Barossa Valley

Comment

It's Yellow Tail!

Comment

Literally the last Aussie vineyard I would have expected from him

Well played

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Literally the last Aussie vineyard I would have expected from him

Well played
                                        I was joking - I am trolling around Barossa. There are some sightings of a double-peak hill like in pic 1 but I can't get it to work out. I think it is about there somewhere.

Comment

The area around Tanunda looks promising but I’ve not found it.

Comment

Oh and point of order, I know lots of other wine regions in Oz. As I should.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                              Oh and point of order, I know lots of other wine regions in Oz. As I should.
                                              Sits - ask yourself, what Australian wine might be served to a man on a country estate having just arrived by sea plane in North America?"

It should cut it down

Comment

Comment

I can't see that, ua

Comment

I'm feeling a lot like the Slovenia one - I'm pretty sure I've got the general area (not the date this time, mind), but can't quite nail it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X