No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't looked yet and I'm not taking any credit for this if it turns out to be correct, but upon discussing what those weird flying things could be (military?) someone who will remain nameless has just said to me 'is that Thetford in Norfolk?'

Comment

(The sign doesn't really look like it starts with a T though)

Comment

To help Fuss out, just in case she's not being facetious, the "weird flying things" are the lights at the top of lamp-posts. The lampposts are saturated out against the white sky.

(unless there's something I'm missing in the picture)

Comment

Oh good grief, so they are. I spent an age staring at them on my tiny phone screen trying to figure out what was going on. NEVER MIND

Comment

It's Bedford on the sign I would say

Comment

Wonder if it's Cardington where the airships are (hence the windsock)

Comment

Good shout we're on the A600 going south from Bedford I think!

Comment

Like here:
                  https://www.google.com/maps/@52.1067...7i16384!8i8192

Comment

Is it Bedford A603? Which makes Sandy Airfield a possibility but can't see a match.

Comment

Got to credit that one to ad hoc !

Comment

Damn, went looking on the A603 instead of the A600!

Comment

That could well be a speed camera then, as there is a camera warning sign up the road near the second view. It's maybe the light making it look not-yellow?

Comment

I think it's too small to be a Gatso (speed camera). Just a normal traffic monitoring camera I think

Comment

Oh, it could be. It looks much more yellow from the side and back.

Comment

IMG_20220824_232619.jpg

Comment

And, as I'm about to go to bed and this seems difficult, here is the opposite view from the same location

IMG_20220824_232808.jpg

Comment

The second pic looks quite German to me, but we know there's very little coverage in Germany. Maybe Austria? Hungary?

Comment

The black-tipped white posts are Austrian I think, e.g.

Last edited by Fussbudget; 24-08-2022, 22:06.

Comment

I see a lot of them in Austria Streetview, so that seems to be an OK assumption.

Comment

I was about to post the same thing. I'm not seeing much in the way of broken white lines on the side of the road, though (except at intersections).

Comment

Is that a mannequin sitting under the small shelter, or is it just a StreetView distortion?

Comment

I think it's a mannequin. Not sure, though.

Comment

I'm wondering if the plants on the left opposite the mannequin are vines. At the end of the rows you can sort of the wooden poles like you get on vineyards. That would probably put us in the east of the country.

Comment

Slovenia also has the black-tipped white posts.

Comment

I've been poking around some Styrian stuff near Gamlitz but haven't found anything yet. Maybe in Burgenland?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X