No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually wondering where the fish was and discovered that I had to move back about 2 meters to drop through the time-portal.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
      Well I recognize the fish. Not sure that it helps, though.
      Fishes Invasion is everywhere.

Comment

New one coming when I can get my computer to behave

Comment

Comment

Very much US

Unfortunately, a LOT of US states have a dark blue flag with a central crest. I originally thought it was Connecticut, but am not certain.

The large structure appears to be some kind of auditorium, perhaps one built as a war memorial.

Comment

Do you reckon that's a state flag? I assumed it was the military flag of some regiment or other, to go with the building which I also thought had a 'lest we forget' vibe with that big wreath (although I did also wonder if it might be a church)

The lampposts and general look of the buildings suggest somewhere like Virginia to me but I'm well out of my depth here.

Comment

That's the other option, but this country is chock full of "War Memorial Auditorium"s, so it could well be both.

The wreath could also be a Christmas decoration.

I could get into a whole thing about which states have front end number plates and which ones don't, but that kind of "Oversize Load" transport often originates out of state, so it would be of limited utility.

The other buildings are quite generic smallish town Main Street and could be almost anywhere.

Comment

The non-US flag has writing under the crest. I'm pretty sure that there's "AS", and it may be an "X" before the A, but it sure as hell isn't the Texas flag.

Comment

The crest doesn't look right to me for the Kansas flag, but that one has KANSAS under a crest on a blue background.

Comment

Actually, I think that it might well be Kansas, found another image that looks more plausible:

Comment

Looking left and right at roughly the same spot:

Comment

And

Comment

Oh good

There are only a few hundred Wesley Methodist Churches over here.

Kansas feels very right. There is a Memorial Hall in Oswatomie, which is about the right size, but this ain't it.

Comment

So, er, every building in that town is a church?

Comment

It's the bible belt

Comment

You’re all doing very well so far. SA is correct about the flag, which means that Ursus is correct about the front license plate (which should have heavily narrowed down the blue-flag-with-crest options if nobody had managed to read the AS on the flag that’s visible).

And it’s Kansas so, yes, almost every other building is likely to be a church.

Comment

https://www.google.ie/maps/@37.92137...7i16384!8i8192

Comment

That's the first picture. Can't find the actual church, mind.

Comment

Well, everything seems to be a church there.

Comment

Turn around 180 degrees and move to just the other side of the intersection, one on each side.

Comment

It’s just the other side of the intersection.

Anyway, bloody hell. Well done. I thought I’d set a tricky one after Ursus crushed my too-easy one last time. Even with the Methodist church because there are so many of them in Kansas. And in a pretty nondescript nothing town.

I did once have a decent coffee there with a barista who was desperate to leave because all her friends and relatives were religious nuts. But I can now not find any worthwhile coffee shops in the town on Google so it sadly probably went bust.

Comment

Great job old bean.

Thomas H. Bowlus is such a classic American name

Comment

I see it now. Thanks.

Comment

Next one folks:
                                                  Screenshot 2022-08-17 005300.png

Comment

I can’t make much from that apart from knowing that the cars drive on the right. The last two letters on the downward writing seem to be “an”. The cars are fairly nondescript and could be anywhere. It might be the US, but it could probably be almost anywhere else on the planet, too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X