No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the center of town location, but my views appear to be from a completely different vehicle
    https://goo.gl/maps/iuiYrndg18VdoVLs8

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
      Nice work (and ua).

Comment

Just popped in to mention that a workmate's brother is currently in Zanzibar on holiday and visited the Freddie Mercury Museum today. This was my suggestion; a suggestion made purely thanks to this thread.

I miss this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

Just popped in to mention that a workmate's brother is currently in Zanzibar on holiday and visited the Freddie Mercury Museum today. This was my suggestion; a suggestion made purely thanks to this thread.

I miss this thread.
          We rattled round the world at such a fair rate of speed, maybe we are near being ready to go again.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

We rattled round the world at such a fair rate of speed, maybe we are near being ready to go again.
            I was thinking the same.

Comment

I'm not sure that these will show up for anybody, I don't think that I've tried uploading images lately.

Comment

Same place, looking the other way (assuming that anybody can see anything at all).

Comment

They work

Comment

Anglophone South Pacific

Thats an interesting maritime signal

Comment

It says 'Wharf', I think it might be near the sea

Comment

Ooh, it's alive!

Palm trees + anglophone + general vibe immediately suggested a Pacific island to me but in truth it could be quite a few other places. The white thing with the canons and plaque is some kind of memorial isn't it? Surprising lack of flags if so

Comment

Looks like there may be a flag pole sans flag behind the monument to the right of the photo

Comment

I should probably let Sits take a look before posting more views or clues, but Rogin is clearly on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                              Ooh, it's alive!

Palm trees + anglophone + general vibe immediately suggested a Pacific island to me but in truth it could be quite a few other places. The white thing with the canons and plaque is some kind of memorial isn't it? Surprising lack of flags if so
                              If it was an American war memorial maintained by the American forces you wouldn't be able to see it for flags.
                              Possibly a location that has no affiliation to the US any more.

Comment

There are Japanese memorials in the North Marianas that don't carry any flags. So this could be why it doesn't.

Comment

The National World War II Memorial in Washington DC

Comment

Well! That's us telt

Comment

Did you just use a Scottish past participle there? Literally haven't heard or seen that word knowingly used, in years.

Comment

Are we still on @S.Aureus pic? Because I am pretty sure I've seen that in a movie, and will have a really good (wrong) guess at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                          Did you just use a Scottish past participle there? Literally haven't heard or seen that word knowingly used, in years.
                                          Teesside past participle, but yes. Still used a fair bit around here

Comment

It couldn't be Caribbean could it?

Comment

It could, though I expect Caribbean container ports to be less artisanal
                                              Last edited by ursus arctos; 24-07-2023, 01:31.

Comment

Oh, those are containers! I'm going PNG or the Solomons then.

Comment

Or just possibly Torres Strait.

Comment

My guess is that the red and white aids to navigation are louvered in that way to make them more likely to survive very high winds (and less dangerous flying objects if they do not).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X