No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh it is Seattle. It is going to be the troll under the bridge over by Magnolia.

Comment

Comment

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.6509...7i16384!8i8192

Comment

I hadn't been paying much attention, clearly. I was there last year (106 degrees baby!) and have friends and relatives who live right around there.

Comment

Someone else will need to go - Fussbudget for giving me the answer - because the next few days are not good in the world of dglh.

Comment

Wow, bullseye! My guess was very much of the "monkeys with typewriters" variety but I'll put something up shortly

Comment

Here we go. Magnifiers at the ready:

Comment

Yes. Rotate this view to find Google protecting the troll's privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                    Here we go. Magnifiers at the ready:

At first perusal it looks like a French world war memorial site to me. Thinking somewhere like hill 60.

Comment

Mongolia flag, potentially?

Comment

Yes, Genghis Khan Statue outside Ulaanbaatar.

Comment

Here:
                          https://goo.gl/maps/8oMgertWNkj2uKoQ7

Comment

Here's the great Khan himself:

I like that there are actual horsemen roaming around the site.

Comment

Someone else want a go?

Comment

That's the baby, well done.

Comment

Ah yes, the white things are yurts not graves.

Comment

OK, here's something a bit more urban for you.

Comment

If that red sign says Lody (as I think it does), that would I think put us in Poland, where (I believe) Lody is ice cream

Comment

Very much so

Comment

You have the correct country.
                                          Moving forwards and looking back towards the original spot

Comment

This would have been a lot easier 40 years ago, when only a few city centres had been the subject of major reconstruction and then pedestrianisation efforts.
                                            Last edited by ursus arctos; 02-02-2023, 18:05.

Comment

Sadly this location does not have street view from 40 years ago.
                                              Rather bizarrely the original spot also has a more recent streetview, but that more recent one only connects to the inside of the shop on the left (by this time a different shop) and one more step into the street. However it might have made my life a bit easier as some of the more easily google-able stores around there had turned into generic ones that are found everywhere. The ice cream place is still there, though.

Comment

I am afraid that we need another photo

Comment

I had a wander around Poznan. It did not seem to be Poznan. The lack of streetcars so far is really keeping it open.

Comment

This is probably helpful, looking to the left of view 2 (roughly).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X