"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    We're about as far from Long Island as you can be while still being in the Empire State. I have no idea why this location is of note.

https://goo.gl/maps/kFH1V5TKurU6sXCy5
    That was fast!
    Why - 3 days early for the pizza place.

Comment

Comment

And the other way (which should make it a fraction easier despite my shoddy photoshopping)

Comment

I reckon SB just searched for “generic English village”.

Comment

No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
              Why - 3 days early for the pizza place.
              Ah! I had a quick look at the village of Epiphany, South Dakota earlier but no luck (although I've watched enough Law & Order episodes that even I suspected from the plates that we were in New York State)

Comment

SB's new one looks like the most boring Sunday afternoon ever

Comment

Do we need more clues?

Comment

Comment

Windsor and Maidenhead. Church Lane.

Comment

We're in Bray:
                        https://goo.gl/maps/CZmyT2FryhyifBH6A

Comment

Because of the Fat Duck, home of norovirus, I assume?

Comment

Bugger! Well done Staph, after the first two,I thought “that looks like Bray”. But did I say so?

Comment

You can almost smell the gammon.

Comment

Referencing back to one of Fuss' a little while ago:

Comment

I'd convinced myself that the rental bikes looked like Just Eat bikes but they only seem to be in Edinburgh, Dublin and Belfast which this isn't (maybe some corner of Belfast at a push but it really looks more like England to me.)

Now thinking they could be Leicester's Santander e-bikes:

Comment

Hehe, nice one Staph. Leicester indeed

Comment

...and on that note I'm off to bed so either someone else can have a go or I'll put something up tomorrow

Comment

New one:

Comment

We're at Chernobyl fire station, but I'm not getting the exact view.

Comment

Here we go:
                                            https://goo.gl/maps/1BRrtMx4Er5cX8So6
                                            Some jumping between the years as you move around on StreetView.

Comment

Next to the Monument to Those Who Saved the World.

Comment

And after that seriousness I'm going to feel a bit guilty posting something from my usual collection of giant Australian animals, tiny replica statues or places named after days of the year (or tangentially related to them).

Comment

OK, here's one. There's a graveyard, at least.

Comment

That didn't take long! Good work.

I wouldn't worry about posting something silly straight after, if anything I worried mine was a bit glib. I was suprised we hadn't had Chernobyl or Pripyat before though as they're fairly well appointed for StreetView

Comment

Working...
                                                    X