Pentecost Drive?
    Assumption Avenue?
    Michaelmas Street?

Comment

Film related!

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
        Film related!
        Not snubbing you, I just haven't got a clue!

Comment

Is it Arleta, CA? I have a hunch but can't find the precise location.

Comment

9363 Roslyndale Ave
            https://maps.app.goo.gl/RXBeaKtZ7FWBxFXx9

I'm pretty sure this is close to it. It's Marty McFly's house from Back to the Future?

Comment

Heh, yes well done. Should be 9303 I think!

Comment

I'm beginning to lose track of where we've been and haven't been, but try this one

Comment

Other way

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                    9363 Roslyndale Ave
                    https://maps.app.goo.gl/RXBeaKtZ7FWBxFXx9

I'm pretty sure this is close to it. It's Marty McFly's house from Back to the Future?
                    It's so obvious AFTER you point it out!

Comment

So it turns out that pedestrian precincts rob us of many of our usual urban clues

Temperate climate, reasonably affluent, not USian

Comment

It looks a bit like Timisoara but the mountains aren't that close I don't think. The kind of scruffy and generic apartment buildings could be somewhere like Romania though.

Comment

I was thinking the apartment blocks looked sort of Spanish but you're right about the slight scruffiness of them. The style of the people on the street doesn't read 'affluent Spanish people' to me either (or indeed French) so it could indeed be further east

Comment

I think we're in Sofia

Comment

Also I had assumed those covered terraces/extensions (?) were all cafes or restaurants, but at least some of them appear to be shops which strikes me as more unusual

Comment

Yes, here:
                                https://goo.gl/maps/rYimzUCNHj7Ewobh8

Comment

That appears to be William Gladstone as the cross street in view 1.

Comment

Well done! Yes, it's Sofia's main pedestrian shopping precinct, Vitosha boulevard. There was a sidestreet I was going to post a picture of on that corner (well, here it is) which is called, rather oddly, "William Gladstone". I haven't actually yet looked up what part Gladstone played in Bulgarian history. He was too early for WW1.

Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 06-11-2022, 14:28.

Comment

If anyone has one ready, feel free. I have something in mind, but it's going to take a little while to put it together.

Comment

Never mind, here we go.

Comment

And looking back at the first location (same rock in the middle of the view):

Comment

Not religious holiday, or famous birthplace related, but returning to an earlier theme.

Comment

Oh, and the reason we're here isn't actually marked on Google maps.

Comment

This is not the closest village, but it is the one relevant to our original location:

Comment

Is that a menhir in the first field?

Comment

I was going Eire but now there are AA hotel signs and telegraph poles I'm back to British or Norn Irish.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X