No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Fussbudget you absolute tit. This is a miles better angle, can't believe I hadn't spotted it before

Comment

Oh a funicular railway! EIM is our man here.

Comment

You're roughly right about the phone number although just as a point of pedantry people can keep their phone number when they move around the country so you can have an 02 number in another region of France if you've taken it with you when you moved. Much less likely for a business obviously, and this one is definitely a local number

Comment

Must be Le Havre then....!

Comment

Here we go.
            https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@49.49...7i16384!8i8192

Comment

Spent a little while looking round there earlier and couldn't get anything that looked right!

Comment

Happy for someone else to have a go. Am supposed to be at work after all!

Comment

Damn too slow, I was looking at the wrong end of the funiculaire at first.

Comment

That does not look like the Le Havre I saw.

Though to be fair I went to go to the gallery, the world site, the ferry port and the station. On which note, Rouen station is lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                      Happy for someone else to have a go. Am supposed to be at work after all!
                      I can oblige with one I prepared earlier, which could be an instant get for someone but there's a reason for the selection.

Comment

Nice! Well done.

I struggled to find a spot where you can see it as although the track is pretty long, it's almost entirely hidden behind trees and buildings when you're at street level. I looked at the upper station first and from there there's absolutely no way to know what you're looking at except for the signage

Comment

Re: the scene looking French, to me those neo-Louis XIII buildings with the red and white facades are the absolute ur-French architecture, everywhere in the country is infested with them but I can't remember seeing that style anywhere outside France except the odd civic building in former colonies

Comment

Comment

(Possibly the first one I've posted that I've not personally been to/at).

Comment

Ha, before you said that my first thought was "is that Carlisle?" The streets are too wide for it though. But it really reminds me of somewhere specific (Northern/Scottish) and it's driving me nuts that I can't think where

Comment

That's weird because I thought I knew where it was, roughly. But I've had a look round and it's not where I thought it was...!

Comment

My first instinct (other than Carlisle) was that it was Edinburgh or Glasgow but actually the style of building is more West Yorkshire I think. Spent a bit of time looking at Huddersfield and it's the right look but I can't find a match
                                    Last edited by Fussbudget; 04-11-2022, 13:00.

Comment

Ha! Huddersfield it is

sw2boro has just walked past and told me the significance of the building (George Hotel, birthplace of rugby league)

Comment

Popping out now so leaving it for someone else to go next

Comment

Good work Fussbudget
                                          Yeah I thought it was Edinburgh too, although the street lamps didn't look familiar!
                                          (Should probably have got Huddersfield tbh, played there a few times at the Town Hall in the Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival!!)

Comment

Ah I'm too slow. That is very, very West Yorkshire (the stone and archiecture)

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                              Ha! Huddersfield it is

sw2boro has just walked past and told me the significance of the building (George Hotel, birthplace of rugby league)
                                              Been away from the thread all afternoon but yes indeed, I was crowbarring Rugby League into the "famous birthplaces" theme of the thread.

Comment

Ooh, I like that. Good work all.

Comment

Alright. Let's get things moving again with this treasure.

Comment

Australia? If so, license plate isn't yellow so that rules out NSW (unless the car's just visiting). I can't decide if there is really as much of a slope right to left as there appears to be.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X