No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(checks Wikipedia just in case, and we really would be pushing the definition of "famous" to cover the one "notable resident" given for this location, so proceed).

Comment

It's the colour of the bricks that's getting me. Lake District will generally be stone, N Yorks and Durham generally paler than this...

Comment

Not Dibley, either, that's all tudorish. It does look north west or wales to me, with the painted houses and slate roofs.

Comment

Comment

On the same road as the church. Difficult to give further clues without revealing too much, but that's easy for me to say cos I know where it's at.

Comment

Oh that's good, there's only 345 Royal Oak pubs in the UK.

Comment

47 Scotby Village
                https://maps.app.goo.gl/GGpMXgDKMbnmstxMA

We're in Scotby, but I don't know if it's famous for anything.

Comment

bastard, I just vcame on to post this https://www.google.com/maps/@54.8872...7i16384!8i8192

Comment

lost by a minute

Comment

It's not famous for anything at all (except locally as being part of the "golden triangle" of upmarket villages along with Wetheral and Aglionby), but dear map hunters, pray tell what is the relevance of the church in the first and second shots? And what was the hidden clue (edit in my text, not the photos) that I was sure VA would spot?
                      Last edited by Walt Flanagans Dog; 01-11-2022, 12:48.

Comment

You snooze, you lose. Off looking for a new one.

Comment

Anyway, if Rogan is OK with me inserting a new puzzle here...

waig1.jpg

Comment

Palestine?

Comment

I've got one for next after ad hoc's.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                                It's not famous for anything at all (except locally as being part of the "golden triangle" of upmarket villages along with Wetheral and Aglionby), but dear map hunters, pray tell what is the relevance of the church in the first and second shots? And what was the hidden clue (edit in my text, not the photos) that I was sure VA would spot?
                                Well it's All Saints' Church, and All Saints' Day today. Dunno about the hidden clue, though.

Comment

I know where it's at.

Comment

...although I spent a few minutes thinking this was a Spandau Ballet reference:

That much is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                      ...although I spent a few minutes thinking this was a Spandau Ballet reference:
                                      I nearly put in brackets that it was nothing to do with the Human League, as that's who I'd associate it with.

Comment

Ha yes now you mention it. This thread is a right festival of earworms

Comment

Turned 90 degrees from the last one
                                          waig2.jpg

Comment

UA's Palestine hypothesis doesn't seem unreasonable.

Comment

It is, indeed, very reasonable

Comment

If it helps, I can tell you that it connects to not one, but two of the themes of this thread

Comment

Well Bethlehem would fit with the current theme, and has a bunch of street view (plus being the alleged birthplace of someone famous).

Comment

I'll see if I can find some stables there...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X