No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I've had a tiring day so was going to head off to bed before I foolishly chose to check in on OTF tonight, but I'll delay a moment more to throw a new one out there:

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
      Had every confidence you'd get it in a jiffy.... Must be to do with one of your Sandringham Park ladies I guess.
      Hah, I did wonder if it was Yoshiko Nakatomi-Plaza that was on your mind! Excellent. And very gracious of you, much obliged for the 'assist'.

The non-Xpert Eleven people in this thread are going to be well confused after that.

Comment

Tatra trams! We're back in business baby

Comment

Not a rare livery but combined with the hanging signs and general look of the street it could be Riga

Comment

Heh, I knew the tram would be appreciated. Suspect this one won't take long...

Comment

Street signs don't contradict Fuss' Riga assertion, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Here's the opposite direction, for what it's worth:

Comment

There's a very cool building (at least, I think so) just out of shot in the first view there, which I would never have heard of were it not for this game. I hope you guys will appreciate it too once you've found the spot.

Comment

It even has a cute little mini-scooter park (?) outside it:

Comment

This is one of those maddening ones where you can't jump into the right timeline somehow. We're outside the National Library of Latvia but I just can't get the same view no matter how much I hop around that spot!

Comment

It's the August 2014 one.

Comment

But I don't know how to link directly to that!

Comment

Oh so it is! Does this work?

Comment

Yes well done Fuss! Sorry about the timeline issues – it's one of those peculiar spots where you slide in and out of about five different years just moving down about 50 yards of street and stepping from one carriageway into the other. So it must've been pure accident that my starting shot was a 2014 one – although neatly enough that's the year this new national library building opened, as it happens. But you get the trams no matter which year you look at, heh.

The last pic above is apparently from as recently as just last month, in contrast. And here's the full thing, the Latvijas Nacionālā Bibliotēka, apparently otherwise known as the Castle of Light:

Comment

So much for the early night, eh.

Comment

No kidding. Thanks for that one - I didn't know that building either.

Comment

Heh, I know the feeling. New one:

Comment

You can have the one just around the corner as well:

Comment

Edwardian UK

Comment

We have another museum!

Comment

Erm, funny you should say that. I hovered over that icon to try and understand what that 'museum' was, then realised the icon is actually the civic building icon but the stuff there isn't a civic building either so I wouldn't focus too much on that one

Comment

Assuming you were talking about that icon anyway.

I probably won't be up much longer so have this cornucopia of clues:

Comment

I was going to say this had a Brum vibe, but where are 0121 numbers?

Comment

Yes, it was the icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                                    I was going to say this had a Brum vibe, but where are 0121 numbers?
                                                    Birmingham.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X