X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

From somewhere the other side of that white edifice:

Comment

Is that a gigantic Spanish flag or is my perspective broken?

Comment

Sí.

Comment

(Assuming you mean the left flag.)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              Saw it when we had the other Sardinian one a couple of weeks ago and couldn't resist noting it down for a future challenge.

Comment

Moving along the road from that previous picture we get to the base of those flag poles, cropped to make the dead giveaway a little harder.

Comment

Comment

Bonus points for anyone who can work out what these markings in front of that building were used for.

Comment

Usually market stalls (in a place when the market is there only once or twice a week)

Comment

Not in this case I'm afraid. These spots were used once a year, but haven't been for a decade.

Comment

The building with the large frontage window is very much in the style of monumental port/pier architecture that one can still see in San Francisco.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                            Not in this case I'm afraid. These spots were used once a year, but haven't been for a decade.
                            This makes me think of something like a Formula One or bicycle race

Comment

I'm sure it's Valencia. This is roughly the location of the first picture but I cant nail it down exactly
                              Passeig de la Calma https://maps.app.goo.gl/TLmg4mTMxGHbMX6z6

Comment

ursus arctos has the bonus, and ad hoc has the location.

Comment

Here's Alonso passing three of those locations, on his way to winning the 2012 European Grand Prix.

Comment

I want to thank S. Aureus for Bugger You. As it happened almost immediately after clicking on this thread I had a call where I ended up needing to look at a map of Sicily, and my Google Maps was conveniently open in almost exactly the right spot. Also, helpfully, I wasn't screensharing at the time so nobody saw my screen saying Bugger You to them.

Comment

Nobody going? Let's try...

Comment

how long did you spend moving around to get the flags right?

Comment

Strangely, none at all.

Comment

Looking behind us:

Comment

We could be in Iceland judging by the look of the buildings, geology and small number plate on that black VW. Though the flag on the left looks more like Norway I think

Edit: speed limit sign on the new picture is Norwegian

Comment

The presence of a recoloured vintage Wichita Wings logo is perplexing

Comment

I assume you're kidding but it's the Wonder Woman logo innit

Comment

Looking right:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X