Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking right as we come out of the gate:

Comment

I'm mildly put out that Cooks Cottage didn't come up in the Wiki page for relocated buildings.

Also, I assumed, wrongly, that the museum in North Yorkshire and the other one in Whitby would be it for buildings associated with him.

Comment

So we're in a state which doesn't require front license plates next to a wide river/lake? Shouldn't take long then....

Comment

That painting with the bathers, the hot air balloons and the parachutist has got a whole lot going on

Comment

Here's looking behind us from the first pic.

Comment

And here's the view opposite Fuss's "*-ELS" redbrick building:

Comment

I quite like the orchestra with fireworks (assuming that's what it is). Are these scenes what the town/city is famous for, do we think??

Comment

Originally posted by Gregario View Post
                  Also, I assumed, wrongly, that the museum in North Yorkshire and the other one in Whitby would be it for buildings associated with him.
                  I think there's at least 5 of them within 30 miles of here, seems kind of overkill to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                    I quite like the orchestra with fireworks (assuming that's what it is). Are these scenes what the town/city is famous for, do we think??
                    I like the door shape where you can't really tell if it's a recessed painting or the actual view. Very Magritte

Yes I assume the scenes are linked to the place

Comment

One of the scenes has loads of steamboats, Mississippi river maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                        That painting with the bathers, the hot air balloons and the parachutist has got a whole lot going on
                        I love how it looks like the bathers are fleeing from the 1st Hot Air Balloon Regiment's bombing run. An offensive tactic so audacious it's more effective than camouflage – just float up on your enemy in rainbow stripes, they'll never suspect a thing until it's too late.

Comment

Hmmm

I know where this is because I came across the existence of the murals at some point in the past

But that seems a rather unfair advantage

What I will say is that Fussbudget has guessed the wrong river

Comment

Yes. And the murals looking the other way are - I believe - Googleable. I'll put them up (because I think they're great) in the next hour, but there might be enough clues here already - particularly now Ursus has confirmed it's not the Mississippi.

Comment

Yes I've just found the river, the murals and another, er steamy delight right next to them

Comment

Should I say? Paducah, KY

Comment

Well, if two of you already have it, there's no risk in putting up this lovely shot

Comment

Apparently this is the real big tourist draw in town. I know people who visited just to go there...

Comment

The Wiki page for Paducah is a real journey of discovery, "home rule-class city", "Jackson Purchase region", "micropolitan area" etc. I need to look stuff up every other word

Comment

I actually would like to hear Fussbudget say "Paducah" but we lack the technology

Comment

I also have never heard of "micropolitan"

Comment

In my head it rhymes with Mark Viduka but that seems too easy

(Also if someone else could go next please)

Comment

I see I slept right through the Aussie one then.

Comment

Well if you will insist on maintaining a completely different timezone...

Comment

I thought there was a chance you'd recognise it straight away but looks like you'd already gone to bed

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                                    Apparently this is the real big tourist draw in town. I know people who visited just to go there...

We all know WOM

Comment

Working...
                                                    X