"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a Falun Gong banner. So we aren't in China

Last edited by Levin; 11-10-2022, 18:14.

Comment

So apparently left driving. Shot 3 has a red-white-blue flag that looks kind of Union Flaggy.

Comment

The small buildings look Ukish. The tower blocks more Australia

Comment

Thought we must be in Hong Kong for a minute there - union jack and chinese characters! Pretty sure we're not though!
          (Edit Oops hadn't spotted we'd gone over to the next page!)

Comment

(And Australia has a much bigger Chinese population than the UK, hence more liklihood of Falun Gong)

Comment

Melbourne?

Comment

I bet when Sitswakes up he'll get it. I reckon it's Sydney, perhaps in or near the botanic Gardens

Comment

You're all dancing around the answer, so very close to it

Originally posted by Gregario View Post
                  It's very much a historical birthplace or home I think
                  Yes

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                  Shot 3 has a red-white-blue flag that looks kind of Union Flaggy
                  Yes it's a Union Flag (it's in picture 2 as well which weirdly I hadn't noticed at all until I posted picture 3)

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  The small buildings look Ukish. The tower blocks more Australia
                  Indeed and there's a very good reason for this

Comment

Comment

Comment

So, despite all the hints at Australia, I plod around various Australian cities in Streetview and nothing looks nearly as autumnal/wintery and bare-treed as this. So I'm even more confused that before.

Comment

Definitely Australia I'm afraid

Comment

Finally! Captain Cook's Cottage

Comment

I was looking for famous Australians' houses. Donald Bradman's or whoever. I was wondering about a Captain Cook house in Sydney, given that's where I thought he landed. Turns out that I was misguided, as this house was shipped to Oz in the 1930s.

Comment

I wondered if it was Captain Cook from the first statue but thought it was the UK and couldn't place it around either of the Cook statues that came up in the search.

Before you landed it my contribution was going to be that VTF appears to be Victoria Temporary Fencing which was going to narrow it down to Melbourne and certain other parts of Victoria, according to their website.

Comment

The sign in pic 3 points to "Model Tudor Village", "Fairies Tree" and "Toilets".

Comment

The model tudor village:
                                    https://goo.gl/maps/1kfam3fu5LNnLoux6

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                      It is indeed, good work! Reassembled brick by brick in Melbourne in the 1930s. I actually thought the cottage was in New Zealand for some reason

Technically his parents' cottage as the one where he was actually born and raised was in what's now Stewart Park in Middlesbrough (there's a museum there but the original cottage is long gone)

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                        The model tudor village:
                                        https://goo.gl/maps/1kfam3fu5LNnLoux6
                                        It's ridiculous isn't it. I almost posted a picture of it but I thought it would muddy the waters

Comment

Next up?

Comment

Well F-150s and GMC's tell me that what I thought looked very US orange-white bollard walls weren't the best first thing to spot.

Comment

Turning left, you get to see not my finest (but some of my laziest) use of Photoshop clone tool to eliminate the streetname.

Comment

Go-faster stripes! And a pickup truck that appears to be driving straight out of the river/lake, no idea what's going on there

Comment

It looks like a boat trailer to me - you reverse it in and launch.

Comment

On the second pic the red building in the distance says something ending in -GELS (I think?) above what looks like a logo. ANGELS maybe? Surely not Los Angeles Angels though given the setting. Could easily be a shop or restaurant though (maybe it says BAGELS or, errr ENGELS? NIGELS?)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X