X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The close up.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
      And here's the back of that bus. I have no idea how good you guys are at identifying number plates used in different countries so I don't know if it'll be a massive help or not.

It's difficult to see the actual number plate (it's the white one, right at the bottom of the picture)

Comment

And possibly a dirty protest from said horse about the presence of the Google camera.

Comment

Aw, some cows to keep the horsey company.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

It's difficult to see the actual number plate (it's the white one, right at the bottom of the picture)
            I just went back and looked and I can't get a better shot of it, sorry.

Comment

Do you guys want a more obvious shot or happy to continue with the obscure ones?

Comment

It's a Roman Holiday! Nearly. The blue bit would tell you exactly where we are so I've obscured it because this is not my first rodeo.

Comment

Ooh, the Google car has somehow managed to go up the gravelly path just behind the moped. We find these buildings towards the top.

Comment

Local equivalent of dry stone walling.

Comment

I wonder if this family knows that their colourful laundry has been immortalised.

Comment

I found the local shop, and I like to think that this is the shopkeeper and his trusty guard dog.

Comment

And look at this lady. Dressed even more stylishly than the horse.

Comment

Comment

360 energy drink appears to be available in Peru, Chile, the Dominican Republic, and Brazil, which is a slightly odd mix. I'm going for Peru

Comment

I initially thought that this was the local petrol station, but on reflection I think it's probably selling propane gas for cooking.

Comment

Cactuses! Or cacti? Debate.

Comment

That's about as far as the Google car could go up the gravelly path.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                      360 energy drink appears to be available in Peru, Chile, the Dominican Republic, and Brazil, which is a slightly odd mix. I'm going for Peru
                                      Good detective skills. And good guess.

Comment

Back to the main road after our little jaunt up the hill, and we're continuing generally in a big circle round the main attraction. I'm not quite sure what's going on here. Some sort of little tunnel under the road but clearly not big enough for humans. If it was the UK I'd wonder if it was for hedgehogs or toads. I have no clue what it might be for here.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                          Back to the main road after our little jaunt up the hill, and we're continuing generally in a big circle round the main attraction. I'm not quite sure what's going on here. Some sort of little tunnel under the road but clearly not big enough for humans. If it was the UK I'd wonder if it was for hedgehogs or toads. I have no clue what it might be for here.

Presumably it's a stream in the rainy season

Comment

You want a wall? We'll build you a wall!

Comment

Aha, proof that we are indeed at a touristy site, I'm not just leading you round remote South American villages.

Comment

Yes, it's an open top bus!

Comment

And the back of the bus. Methinks this guy has spotted the Google camera car.

Comment

This is a restaurant according to Google maps.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X