No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, I deliberately tried not to pick somewhere like that and ended up picking somewhere like that anyway it would appear. Other side:

Comment

Again, it could be a lot of places, but this one has a stronger Mediterranean vibe.

It could be Monte Carlo, Nice, Genova, or Napoli

Comment

My first thought was one of the famous corners in Monte Carlo. I like the spirally building wherever it is.

Comment

Monaco:
          https://goo.gl/maps/ftQja9Mc2SSeicTU9

Comment

More credit to sb, I'm not sure if I'd have looked there first without the tip.

Comment

Is it a famous corner?

Comment

No, and strictly speaking it's not quite in Monte Carlo either but good work there on spotting the area straight away.

I like that their road signs appear to be made out of solid gold, I'd expect no less of the place

Comment

Really credit to Ursus, not me.

Comment

Got something San Bernardhinault ?

or ursus arctos

Comment

Potentially tricky, this one, until I completely give it away

Comment

Looking back

Comment

Left and right

Comment

Is that a massive electricity pylon in the first photo?

Or a monument of some kind? The Vaseline-covered lens isn't helping.

We have some knowledge about striped kerbs, though I don't have it at my fingertips.

Comment

the first photo looks like it was taken through a ziplock.

Comment

Can't believe I missed the Monaco one - that was the first place I went looking for that ultra-expensive timepiece store one a week or so ago.

Comment

It's a very vaseliney lens looking in that direction. I'm not quite sure why except that I note that almost all text everywhere is blurred out and this may be related. See, just a bit further up the road, this billboard and the logo on the side of the minivan:

Comment

I assumed it was a bridge in the distance with all the wires, at first glance, but the view is indeed so vaseliney it's hard to tell.

Comment

The striped kerbs and the scooters are giving me massive South East Asia vibes, not sure the skin tones we're seeing are consistent with that though

I thought the big blurry stuff was maybe a suspension bridge

Comment

Some black and white striped kerbs in India

Comment

Your first thoughts were closer to right.

Comment

I've been wandering around. Most billboards are blurred out - see these:

Comment

There aren't that many people there.

Comment

But I've finally found some legible text! Which I think might almost be too helpful.

Comment

Portuguese Creole... Timor Leste?

Comment

Ah yes, we're roughly here

I'll let someone else have a go next

Comment

Working...
                                                    X