No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learn as much as anyone. and delight in it (it was my MO of sorts)

Comment

There are some outdoor escalators in Barcelona.

Comment

Annoyingly it does not seem to be the escalator up to Park Guell which I thought was a good hunch.

Comment

It's not the longest outdoor escalator in Europe which is in Potenza, Italy, seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

I've been on loads of street escalators in Hong Kong but this is definitely not Hong Kong.

Comment

This is interesting but not really helpful as they're virtually all indoor metro escalators: https://panethos.wordpress.com/2020/...an-escalators/

Fussbudget I think I'm stumped and need more photos.

Comment

There are outdoor escalators in Medellin, Colombia. This is not Medellin.

Comment

Searching for orange European apartment blocks is fruitless. There's thousands of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                    I've been on loads of street escalators in Hong Kong but this is definitely not Hong Kong.
                    Yes I remember those vividly from when I used to go for work.

I also tried Calp(e), Barcelona and Spoleto (Umbria) which has a big outdoor escalator. But it ain’t this one.

Comment

From the ‘outdoor escalator’ search, Bilbao looked the most promising candidate, but haven’t found it yet!

Comment

I think Spain or Italy look right, and Spain seems to be pretty big on outside escalators.

Comment

Oops, sorry I overslept and left you stuck with two pictures quite minimal on clues. Needless to say you're on the right track. Let's see if this one helps:

Comment

I'll also add that most of you are in the right country by now but no one has mentioned the right city yet (as might be apparent from that last image. If not, I'll give you a more action-packed scene)

Comment

Actually you're probably sick of looking at tower blocks so here's the next image as well for a bit of variety. If we follow the yellow van in picture 2 and take a couple of turns down the hill we end up on this street:

Comment

I’m liking Villajoyosa which has outdoor escalators. Haven’t found them yet.

Ooh, clues.

Comment

That shop name is Basque I think.

Comment

Ah so we're in Eibar I think...

Comment

Was this the first one? Can't remember now!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@43.18...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

And the last one...

Someone else should have a go if they have one handy

Comment

Eibar it is, well done!

I did wonder if we had anyone on the board who had visited it, as it has a very distinctive profile in the middle of the mountains and there had to be a reasonable chance they would clock it straight away

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                            And the last one...

Someone else should have a go if they have one handy
                                            Well done jdsx! I think Eibar came up at one point in my trawl but the escalators didn’t quite look right. Clearly one was. Anyway I will shove my way through the door if it’s ajar. I doubt these will take too long. The usual - two shots at roughly 180 degrees:

Comment

Comment

I have the two 90 degree images of required.

Comment

I invested 50 euros in Eibar football club a few years ago to help them be legally promoted to the Spanish first division.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                    I invested 50 euros in Eibar football club a few years ago to help them be legally promoted to the Spanish first division.
                                                    Good work!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X