No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's that white vehicle dropping off/picking up outside that building? It looks like a white London taxi or a very small ambulance.

Comment

Hmmm, yes I can't quite decide if there's a small black thing in front of it – like a luggage trolley or similar – as I thought at first look, or if there's just an unusual black shape as part of the paint-job on its side. I'm leaning towards the latter now, which does make it look more taxi-ish perhaps. It could plausibly be dropping off/picking up outside a... railway station?

Or could it even be police, maybe?

Comment

Comment

It almost certainly is a light dusting of snow on the ground, that someone mentioned above.

Comment

Yeah it does look it'd been snowing at some point. A little insensitive of the StreetView team though to leave in the exact moment that that poor bloke in the green anorak was killed by a freak icicle through the neck:

Comment

I think that we have Cyrillic writing.

The decoration on the left side of the building is reminiscent of that on the left edge of the Belarusian or Turkmenistani flags, but isn't either, and could also just be the blurred logos of the shops contained in what I am quite sure is a shopping centre.

Comment

Comment

Here, with added weird massive baby figure https://www.google.com/maps/@60.1554...!7i7680!8i3840

Comment

Huh, I never knew that's what Helsinki looks like on a map. Is the wider built up area considered Helsinki or just the promontory/peninsula?

Comment

I don't understand the question, but the entire area is part of the city.

Rogin's photo is on the way to the terminal for the ferry to Talinn, which is a bit away from the centre, but very much part of the city.

Comment

That's it, at the car ferry terminal. The town centre of Helsinki is, needless to say, a lot more picturesque. I wanted to take a pic of the "Computer and Games Console Museum" sign but my photoshop skills weren't up to blurring the Helsinki name from it.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

The nature of the game is to be so close and fail, then get the complete buzz of hitting the right spot a different time. It is a really fun game when it gets going like this, and no one is competitive (except S.A. cos jdsx is beating him
                          Hey!

Comment

sva1.jpg

Comment

The camera car being so unusually visible makes me immediately wonder if it's a non-Google cam and thus likely to be somewhere that doesn't get a lot of 'official' StreetView visits.

Comment

Middle Eastern vibes.

Comment

IMG_20220915_214826.jpg

Comment

McDonald's - that narrows it down to 117 countries (maybe more if it's an older view).

Comment

Muscat:
                                      https://goo.gl/maps/NjJYV57q59ZMgiFY6

Comment

Not sure where the McDonald's is, though.

Comment

McDonalds is here:

https://goo.gl/maps/JtChaqxAMYSraSZU7

Comment

Ah, a little ways away from the other point.

Comment

Comment

That could very easily be in Buenos Aires if it weren't for the red kerb.

Comment

About a block away, looking more-or-less back at the original position:

Comment

I was – and indeed am – just the other side of the estuary. This is Montevideo.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X