Yes:
    https://goo.gl/maps/Q8U6fpPzwQRqTHeB9

Comment

Arse.

Comment

Better angle.

Screenshot_20220913-135741_Maps.jpg

Comment

I feel like I've somewhat John Terried this particular trophy hoist.

Comment

Comment

Still claiming it.

Comment

Screenshot_20220913-143223_Maps.jpg

Comment

Heh I remember looking round Nazca last time we did Peru....! Or maybe it wasn't Peru, I just thought it was.....

Comment

The road sign says Latvia is our most likely candidate, not a lot of buildings in sight to prove or disprove that though the paving at the junction looks good. A bit low on catenaries for central Riga but doable

Comment

Feeling quite good about Latvia, loads of streets that look like this in various towns especially around parks and grand buildings but I just cannot find this one. I was convinced we were in Liepāja for a bit but I can't find the right intersection
                      Last edited by Fussbudget; 13-09-2022, 14:34.

Comment

Feels like we're next to a river /canal (to the right). Seems like a bridge in the background. Too narrow to be the Daugava though

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                          Heh I remember looking round Nazca last time we did Peru....! Or maybe it wasn't Peru, I just thought it was.....
                          Me too! In my case at least, it was when we were looking for somewhere on the Chilean coast and I ended up looking as far north as Lima during the hunt.

Comment

Have another angle.

Screenshot_20220913-182420_Maps.jpg

Comment

Is the thing on the left a tram or a shop front? And that horse-on-a-postbox statue on the right?

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                Is the thing on the left a tram or a shop front? And that horse-on-a-postbox statue on the right?

​​​
                                Definitely a shop front. I'd take a closer shot but the shop name would give away the location.

Comment

Former DDR?

The cars are a bit posh for the rest of the former Warsaw Pact

Comment

Here's your horse on a postbox (with writing edited out)

Screenshot_20220913-184243_Maps.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                      that horse-on-a-postbox statue on the right?
                                      Haha, surely that's just a regular sort of plinth coupled with the angle we happen to be viewing it at?!

Comment

Hmmm half cow, half reindeer. One of the lesser known mythical beasts

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                          Here's your horse on a postbox (with writing edited out)

Screenshot_20220913-184243_Maps.jpg
                                          And I thought it looked a little 'stocky' for a horse...!

Comment

I was thinking pig (or maybe hippo)

Comment

Apparently Ventspils is "filled with dozens of cow statues". Can't say if this is one of them, though.
                                              https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...s-of-ventspils

Comment

It is!
                                                https://goo.gl/maps/VzZeaSsTckGQxZKA7

Comment

I can't quite get a match for the first - I'm pretty sure that it's here, but maybe the view date isn't the same as there are a few differences
                                                  https://goo.gl/maps/7rggNVNmQHP1s35d6

Comment

Oh, here:
                                                    https://goo.gl/maps/HdpXX1dMv6LKDM9o8
                                                    I had to step back a bit (and go back 7 years in doing so).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X