No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, for fuck's sake. That'll teach me to reload sooner.

Nice one j, cheers for removing us from our tenterhooks. Off out now, good luck with the next one all!

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
      Alright, I'm sorry. I just got lucky again. So to put you out of your misery:
      https://www.google.com/maps/@35.9611...7i13312!8i6656

Am at work now so can't really post till later
      It's the road to the Popeye Village. Of course it fucking is

Comment

Hold on, there's a live action Popeye movie and it was directed by Robert Altman? What

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
          Hold on, there's a live action Popeye movie and it was directed by Robert Altman? What
          It starred Robin Williams and Shelley Duvall. It's a terrible film, mind.

Comment

Anyone mind if I sneak in? Nowhere near Rotterdam.

Comment

Central America is my initial thought.

Comment

Yes. Dry, dusty, Spanish speaking. I had a look at Equatorial Guinea but that has zero Streetview coverage

Comment

Opposite direction, another dog:

Comment

I imagine that the yellow and red at the bottom of every pole is a clue, but I'm not sure how to use it

Comment

Moved a little way to a posher part of town. Three views from one spot:

Comment

Comment

Comment

I haven’t picked this place because it looks really sad, or because there are dogs. But I’ve also not picked it at random.

Comment

Peru looks promising but I can't find the spot so far

Comment

Need some more? Moving a little further to a fresh spot.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Soyuz would appear to be a Peruvian bus company, so Fussbudget is obviously on the right lines

Comment

Very much on the right Lines.
                                        Last edited by Sits; 13-09-2022, 12:45.

Comment

Showing my ignorance there but I'm taken aback by how poor so much of Peru looks outside Lima. Loads of areas seem to consist of nothing but villages of half-built shells covered in dust, not what I pictured at all

Comment

To be honest neither did I.

Comment

So, earlier yesterday Toby Gymshorts documented his (live) resistance to taking a trip to Popeye Village while on vacation. I immediately poked around on Streetview and was surprised how completely unsuspecting the place was until you actually got a view over the cliff to look in (and even then it looks a little weird).

I guess no one else put it up on Streetview, otherwise it would have been quite obvious. It might be a while before I get to use wherever Sporting is talking about on a given day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                                Very much on the right Lines.
                                                Nazca, presumably then.

Comment

Screenshot_20220913-135538_Maps.jpg

Comment

That's picture 1 with the dog.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X