Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S. aureus
    replied
    The road markings, license plates and signs all look very Israel to me.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    I was wondering what the two objects to the right of the bus bunker are. They sort of look like something you might see beyond the end of a runway/airstrip but there’s no hint of any other major infrastructure.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    This looks more like "Eastern Europe" to me, particularly the concrete bus shelter

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    It's not topical yet

(you can rest assured I wouldn't choose a location which was in any way connected to a current tragedy)

Leave a comment:

• jdsx
    replied
    The fondness for hatching etc. and yellow number plates look like Israel. Is this a 'topical' one, perhaps? Haven't had a chance to look around yet.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Two shots, looking in opposite directions from the same spot

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Nice one ad hoc.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    The monument is the Eddie Mabo monument https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Mabo

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    OK got it. It's the Victoria Bridge in Townsville. I can't do a picture easily but it's definitely there

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Photo 4 now appears to be an anomaly which I can’t get back to. A very different view looking east off the bridge.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Yes. I’ll admit it’s not as high profile as Mandela but there is some relevance to recent affairs.

Edit: I’ve never been to this place (close) but I’m impressed how anonymous it looks for this game.

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    Are we here for the monument visible most clearly in the third view?

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Actually photo 3 appears to have been taken from the top of a pole or street light. Anyway this is on the bridge, looking the other way.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    I'm going to say Australia, but on a wideish river (which will suggest a sizeable city, as does what looks like a pedestrian/bike/bus only bridge). However the buildings don;t really give the impression of a large city at all. (There a couple of these kind of bridges in Brisbane, but it's not either of them (and it's clearly not anywhere near downtown Brisbane anyway)

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Up on the bridge.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    The location is one thing, why we're here is another.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    OK here's a new one. Not 180 degree views but within a few metres of one another and the compass pointers have been left in.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Might take me a while, so if someone wants to step in go ahead. Moral winner ursus? Go on.

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    How did I get here from looking for large eyeglasses?
    This is another monument to Nelson Mandela, in Cape Town. I have no idea why.

Leave a comment:

• S. aureus
    replied
    That's right. As you walk along the path from the museum to the sculpture the spears eventually resolve themselves into an image of Mandela:

(from Google maps, I'm sure better versions are available).

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Thanks ursus, and Staph. I can’t get any of the right angles but it’s the Mandela Monument and Nelson Mandela Capture Site close to Howick Gorge and Falls: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nels...!1m0?entry=ttu

But I must go to bed.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Ohhhh wow. Now I need to find the spot.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X