No announcement yet.

"Where am I?" Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think it's Wales, from the second picture it doesn't look very hilly. There's very few places in Wales I think where you wouldn't be able to see some mountains in the background.

Also appears from the sea on the right hand side of the second picture to be on a peninsula, though the left hand side could be an estuary as well.

Have not travelled remotely enough to make anything like an informed guess, but I'll go Yorkshire?

Comment

I was going to say that both the scenery and the weather is absolutely my shit.

But then I'm the one who took the then future ms ursus to Cape Cod in February.

I keep thinking that crush barriers have been repurposed from a terrace somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bean Counter View Post
        Also appears from the sea on the right hand side of the second picture to be on a peninsula, though the left hand side could be an estuary as well.
        Could be Anglesey?

Comment

All good guesses and some sound logic about the geography. It's not Yorkshire, Wales or Anglesey

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
            Wales or Anglesey
            Anglesey is in Wales.

Comment

Yes, poor phrasing there

Comment

It appears to be a spit or some sort of outcrop, away from habitation but not far. It's at sea level, so nowhere with any cliffs, which discounts quite a lot of the Eastern coast of England. It could be Northumbria though.

Comment

That large white building inland looks like it might be identifiable.

Comment

Not Northumberland.

The big white-ish building is a bog-standard light industrial unit so I wouldn’t spend too long on it.

This however might help:

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                      Yes, poor phrasing there
                      Similar to the old "Wales and Monmouth". I had a jigsaw puzzle with these words on.

Comment

House!

England - Google Maps

Workington shore car park.

Comment

Haha I wondered if you'd get it instantly. That's the one, good work

Comment

I had my suspicions on the second photo, but the third was an open goal.

I've got one in mind but need to work the angles a bit and I'm struggling for time this afternoon so will allow someone who hasn't had a go to take the floor. If there's no takers I'll put mine up in a few hours.

Comment

Wales was a good guess I wasn't expecting, I thought people might gravitate towards East Yorks/Lincolnshire (disclosure: I have no idea what Lincolnshire looks like)

I'm sure the Workington tourist board will be delighted to have been mistaken for Anglesey though

Comment

It definitely had a windswept East Coast air to it, to me. I was diverted to that side of the country. Not that I’ve spent any time on Britain’s windswept east coast, so I don’t know why I have such a strong idea in my head of what it looks like.

Comment

Ok I'll go again, and hoping/expecting this will go in the first or second photo, cos I'm offline for much of the evening (quiz night, phone ban). Get your monocles out for the first one.

Comment

Comment

Never been, but I'm guessing Oslo.

Comment

Berlin

Friedrichshain or Kreuzberg

Comment

None of the above.

Comment

Ok, Scandinavia. I'm basing everything on the northern European appearance and the "Muleum" poster, which sounds Norwegian, but maybe he's on tour in Sweden?

Comment

Denmark or Sweden
                                              Not Iceland

Comment

Going for a run, but you're up and running.

Comment

Muleum is a novel by a Norwegian who happens to be a favourite of Pete Buttigieg

Comment

Phlake is Danish R&B.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X