OTF Wordle: 'The Open'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ale View Post

No but a game with an (online) friend would be appreciated. Expecting it to be as tight as previous meetings and previous wrongs righted. See you tomorrow.
    I'm Bill, from Stroud, now I live in Holland. I'm sure I'd much rather go down the pub and talk life and football with you than screw with your brain over a word game for 9 days. And I've got evening shifts all week, so you'll probably post before me. It'll be fun, ale

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
      Hey Sean of the Shed. How about a challenge where neither of us can use the same starting word over the 9 holes?
      A non-staring contest? I'm up for that.
      Starting tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

A non-staring contest? I'm up for that.
        Starting tomorrow?
        Yep, see you on the tee tomorrow but without any glance toward each other.

Comment

Sean of the Shed start off proceedings with a par 4.

Comment

Reality Checkpoint Good morning. A solid tee shot sets me up nicely for an opening 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post

I'm Bill, from Stroud, now I live in Holland. I'm sure I'd much rather go down the pub and talk life and football with you than screw with your brain over a word game for 9 days. And I've got evening shifts all week, so you'll probably post before me. It'll be fun, ale
              Hi Bill. I'm more than sure as well. Getting the obligations out of the way before then in the friendly match I have posted a friendly par 4 to start Logan Mountstuart

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                Sean of the Shed start off proceedings with a par 4.
                Inadvertently posted in the matchplay thread.

Today's new starting word may or may not have inadvertently guided me to a birdie 3.
                How about for added frisson we can't repeat any of the letters we started with the previous day in the following day's starting word.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Inadvertently posted in the matchplay thread.

Today's new starting word may or may not have inadvertently guided me to a birdie 3.
                  How about for added frisson we can't repeat any of the letters we started with the previous day in the following day's starting word.
                  Yep, will give that a try!

Comment

And I've matched your friendly 4, ale. Onto the 2nd...

Comment

Rogin the Armchair fan a dismal 5 for me to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                        Rogin the Armchair fan a dismal 5 for me to begin.
                        Sporting I got a 4, but only after staring at it for what felt like hours ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                          Reality Checkpoint Good morning. A solid tee shot sets me up nicely for an opening 3.
                          And the same for me
                          ​​​​​ H 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All square
                          RC 3
                          HO 3

Comment

Another, bog standard 4, ale.

Comment

Rogin the Armchair fan a 3 for me at the 2nd hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                Rogin the Armchair fan a 3 for me at the 2nd hole.
                                Sporting an early start for me today led to a tee shot that set up an eagle putt which I dropped in. So I'm 2 up and have it all to lose.

Comment

A par 4 this morning nmrfox

Comment

I am free for a game starting tomorrow if anyone fancies it.

Comment

Sean of the Shed par 4 for me today as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                                        I am free for a game starting tomorrow if anyone fancies it.
                                        I would be up for a replay of El Spoonico.

Who, then, would have thought one of us would be in a championship play-off just two tournaments later? And that I would be mid-table?
                                        ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post

I would be up for a replay of El Spoonico.

Who, then, would have thought one of us would be in a championship play-off just two tournaments later? And that I would be mid-table?
                                          ​​​​​
                                          El Spoonico is still the greatest game ever though, so let's do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                            Another, bog standard 4, ale.
                                            Staying friendly with the same Logan Mountstuart

Comment

Reality Checkpoint A dismal 5 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                                                Reality Checkpoint A dismal 5 this morning.
                                                a very lucky shot out of the bunker dropped in for a birdie 3

​​​​​ H W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
                                                RC 3 3 1 up
                                                HO 3 5

Comment

Hope an eagle 2 doesnt stretch our friendship too far Logan Mountstuart

Comment

A birdie 3 to get things going this morning for me lambers

Comment

Working...
                                                    X