Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cladder

https://playcladder.com/

In a nutshell, answer the clue by changing just one letter in the word. Log your best time.

43 seconds on #43 for me.

46 seconds but that includes 10 seconds trying to work out what the last one was before I hit skip (i have, now, figured out what it should have been)

Ok now did a practice one in 34 seconds

Comment

Got stuck on an oddly phrased clue (the 'Darken...' one) so didn't finish. Not sure what WOM means by 'best time', you only get one go.

Comment

29 seconds today.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
          Not sure what WOM means by 'best time', you only get one go.
          Who knows...

Comment

on only got the first two. I just blanked on the third one

Comment

42 seconds, mostly on the last one.

Comment

cladder.png

Comment

#Cladder 43 ✅ 10/10 27.20 seconds

Comment

Only got 9, as like DM I got tripped up by what seemed to be a couple of odd phrasings. The "navy ____" one annoyed me as the SEAL thing is something specific to the US military – which didn't slow me down in itself, yet it did make my brain fixate on the following one ("pass out cards") as referring to the same theme, i.e. some ID card or similar you get when you pass out from a military academy. Which baffled me utterly for a significant chunk of the time available.

Comment

I did one of the archive puzzles and it had "move deceptively" as one letter removed from "nuke". I gave up and it turned out to be "juke". I have literally never heard that word (disconnected from "box") before

Comment

10/10

:42

Comment

10/10

​​​​A+++, would cladder again

Comment

42 10/10

Comment

59 secs, but had to skip the Chipmunk. Was going really well until the charitable distribution one stalled me.

Comment

Where's quick-draw Wouter D today?

Comment

31 seconds. Probably pretty close to upper limit of thinking and typing speed.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                    Getting sloshed at a Liberation Day music festival. The multicultural Anatolian rock band MAKAS may be worth checking out, if that sounds like your sort of thing.

Regarding Cladder, I am in no condition to use my brain anymore.

Comment

27 seconds today.

Comment

Some of the formulations are really bugging me. I've just done a few practice rounds, and finding it hard to get much under 30 seconds – and mostly much worse – as I seem to almost invariably get tripped up at some point by the phrasing. If the game just gave a standard dictionary definition it would be fine, but I'm struggling to get into the mindset of whoever composed numerous of these clues.

e.g. (answers in white to avoid spoilers)
                                        Was "science place" meaning LAB really the best they could do?
                                        "float long" apparently means BOB. Did they mean "float along?"
                                        "a to-do" is looking for TASK. That was the only way they could think to phrase that?
                                        "rise up" is looking for WAKE. Ditto.
                                        "to cheer" is looking for ROOT. Ditto.
                                        "copy" is looking for MIME. You get the drill.
                                        Is CLOVE really a "garlic measurement"? I wouldn't call an orange segment a "measurement of citrus", would I?
                                        There's also the irritating 'England=UK' syndrome inherent in a "titled lady in England" (or words to that effect) clue for DAME.

etc.

Comment

You nitpicking cunt ...

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                            41.00 seconds today.

Comment

36 for me. Should have been around 32 but I had abnormally fat thumbs today.

Comment

38 for me today. Could have been less if I hadn’t mistyped a word 3 times. And less still if I hadn’t had a total mental freak out at seeing five letters rather than four for the first time.

Comment

9/10. My brain wouldn't wrap around what the final clue was asking me.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X