OTF Wordle Ryder Cup(-lite)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
    Is it a bird, is it a plane? No its an eagle! 2 for me today Discordant Resonance
    Excellent, only managed a 3 personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Briefly thought about going for it on guess three but didn't have quite enough info, so played my third info-gathering guess instead. Then on guess four, with one green and three yellow letters to get into position, I managed to make a guess that placed one of those letters in a spot I already knew it definitely didn't go. Dead clever, me. Anyway, Simon G, you've got 5 to beat.
      A much better par 4 for me today

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

A bar I have rather excessively cleared with a 3
        Have raised it a little higher with a 4 today. But not I fear high enough.

Comment

4 Today. Almost a 3. Gutted

Comment

Balderdasha A birdie 3 for me today

Comment

A magnificent Eagle 2 today WOM

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger of Hope View Post
                4 Today. Almost a 3. Gutted
                Sorry, this won't help. A 3 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                  A bounceback birdie 3 for me today.
                  Well done, just a par for me today. This is what I meant about wasting a birdie yesterday...

Comment

(my six wasn't aided by putting the fourth away from the hole…)

Comment

A three for me today.

Comment

Garbage 5

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                          A magnificent Eagle 2 today WOM
                          Well done, you. A 4 for me.

Comment

Logan Mountstuart you have a par 4 to take aim at.

Comment

Ha! Just done mine too, Auntie Beryl. The high scoring match that everyone is waiting for.

A 4 for me too. Amazing how quickly you can lose confidence in this game. The blank Wordle page has become a thing of terror for me in recent days. It seems to oscillate before my eyes. A steady par has never been more welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality Checkpoint View Post
                                Balderdasha A birdie 3 for me today
                                A lucky first word meant an eagle two for me today.

Comment

Unless there's an international music competition on tonight, we'll hope for a score from Various Artist to complete the day's action.

Comment

I think it's testament to irony towers that the concept, structure, and maybe luck of the draw of this has left the whole contest completely in balance with only six holes to play. It could yet go down to a Bernhard Langer or Martin Kaymer very last putt, or even an unexpected majestic approach to the last from an unheralded Christy O'Connor jr. Even at this stage can I just say thanks, and well done, I've loved it.

Comment

I think it's testament to irony towers that the concept, structure, and maybe luck of the draw of this has left the whole contest completely in balance with only six holes to play. It could yet go down to a Bernhard Langer or Martin Kaymer very last putt, or even an unexpected majestic approach to the last from an unheralded Christy O'Connor jr. Even at this stage can I just say thanks, and well done, I've loved it.
                                      What if the wives of the RotW posse run onto the green and spike it with their stiletto heels?

This time, Team GB need to raise the point with the match referee and get the last hole declared void if necessary

Comment

I still havent got a clue how this whole thing operates. As long as am told to enter a word on a given day that doesnt matter. But have enjoyed it so much. And that is a testament to irony towers.

Comment

Originally posted by irony towers View Post
                                          Unless there's an international music competition on tonight, we'll hope for a score from Various Artist to complete the day's action.
                                          I've torn myself away from the All-Asia Nose Flute Challenge Bowl quarter-finals to record a glorious birdie, for the first time in weeks.

Comment

Which inevitably, I see, leads to me halving the hole with San Bernardhinault again...

Comment

Day 22 scoreboard:

Match score (13 TO WIN): GB 7 RoW 6

Matches on the course: GB up in 5 RoW up in 4 All square in 3
                                              Pts 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Match
                                              Match N H W W GB 2 UP
                                              nmrfox 2 4 4 2
                                              Discordant Resonance 1 4 6 3
                                              Match O W W W GB 3 UP
                                              Hot Orange 1 4 3 3
                                              Harbinger of Hope 0 5 5 4
                                              Match P H H H A/S
                                              Various Artist 0 5 4 3
                                              San Bernardhinault 0 5 4 3
                                              Match Q H W W A/S
                                              Reality Checkpoint 2 5 4 3
                                              Balderdasha 2 5 F 2
                                              Match R W H W GB 2 UP
                                              pebblethefish 1.5 3 4 3
                                              matt j 0.5 6 4 5
                                              Match S W H W GB 2 UP
                                              Sean of the Shed 1 3 5 2
                                              WOM 1.5 5 5 4
                                              Match T W W H A/S
                                              ale 1.5 4 6 4
                                              ad hoc 2 5 3 4
                                              Match U W W W RoW 1 UP
                                              Rogin the Armchair fan 1 5 6 3
                                              lambers 0 4 3 4
                                              Match V W W H GB 2 UP
                                              Auntie Beryl 0 5 6 4
                                              Logan Mountstuart 0.5 6 F 4
                                              Match W W H W RoW 2 UP
                                              Guy Profumo 1 3 5 6
                                              Sporting 1 2 5 4
                                              Match X W W W RoW 1 UP
                                              Simon G 1 5 5 4
                                              Sam 1 3 3 5
                                              Match Y W W H RoW 2 UP
                                              David Agnew 1 4 6 4
                                              Sits 2 3 5 4
                                              Welcome to the weekend. Get the proper coffee on, mooch around in your PJs and watch the birdies and eagles take flight. A stroke average of 3.63 was as welcoming as your comfy chair and a Netflix binge-watch.

No one embodied the day's upswing in fortunes more than Balderdasha, whose stunning recovery from the slough of despond gave Reality Checkpoint a first-hand insight into the emotional range of Wile E. Coyote. That was the only instance of a colour change in the match situation, yet GB's position has strengthened overall with hole wins in six matches today against two for RoW. If the hole-by-hole results in Match P continue to read like the heavy breathing of a nuisance caller, the rest of the Rest of the World players in the top half of the scorecard may well need to take inspiration from Balders to orchestrate Rogin the Armchair fan's conceit of a spine-tingling climax to the contest.
                                              Last edited by irony towers; 21-05-2022, 22:33.

Comment

I love this and I don't want it to end.

The tournament, I mean. My and SB's round will probably just feel like it never does. Still, according to the progress so far we're both due for eagles tomorrow.

You're doing great work anyway IT. Here's hoping for that spine-tinglingly tight finale.

Comment

All of the above, thanks IT.

David Agnew I teed off Hole 4 with appropriate zest for an Australian the morning after the ruling dickheads were toppled. Down the middle, chip to the green and a straightforward birdie 3.

If only it were always this way.

Comment

An inspired chip from off the green meant I heard the satisfying rattle of ball in cup at the end of my third shot.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X