Wordle solutions and SPOILERS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wordle solutions and SPOILERS thread

The thread to discuss how you got on with the actual letters and stuff. Enter at your own risk.

Spoliers?

Comment

As in, it will discuss the solution of the day. If you haven't tried today's puzzle, this thread will spoil it for you.

Comment

The typo, I mean.

Comment

OK - my first guess today was "RAIDS", which had the "A" correct, and the "I" in the wrong position. Given the "I" was most likely going to be in slot 4, and based on the eliminated letters, the final letter was probably "C", was torn between "MAGIC" and "PANIC". Once the former proved wrong, the latter was correct on go 3.

Comment

I did wonder if today's was going to be a word some people used as their starter, leading to the seemingly mythical guess in one. DR, of course, would have been upended had it been LATIN.
            Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 15-01-2022, 12:36.

Comment

I like to make a short story with my guesses if I can, today's was simpler than usual:

Board waits (for) magic panic – some CEO is surely trying to work out how to profit from some future (post-Potter) wizarding craze.

Comment

Oops, cheers Sporting! Snake Plissken can you change SPOLIERS to SPOILERS please?

Comment

I went for a vowel heavy start with AUDIO and followed up with TRAIN. That was ok but I made an error on 3 with SNAIL, failing to move the A - d'oh.

Then I got the -ANI- in the middle with MANIA on 4, and getting to PANIC in 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                    Oops, cheers Sporting! Snake Plissken can you change SPOLIERS to SPOILERS please?
                    Last edited by Wouter D; 15-01-2022, 16:48.

Comment

CHEAT - MANIC - PANIC for me, narrowly missing my second lucky get-it-in-two. I am not consistent with my first guess, but generally (possibly always) have an A and an E in it.

Comment

Why a second thread?

But, anywayze, in three, after "liken" -> "rains" -> Kapow!

​​​​​​

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                            Why a second thread?
                            So we can discuss the solutions without giving away the answers on the main thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

So we can discuss the solutions without giving away the answers on the main thread.
                              Ah

Thanks

Comment

I always start with DOILY and TAUPE to make sure that I know exactly which vowels are in the word. Today, that told me that the A is on spot two, and the I and P are somewhere in the word although not on spots 3 and 4, respectively. This knowledge still leaves far too many viable solutions, so I started spamming consonants. The third word, BRISK, only gave information on absence of letters. The fourth word, WINCH, gave me the remaining N and C (although the latter was not in the right spot), and with those five letters it was very easy to get to the correct conclusion on guess five.

Comment

Comment

Comment

A brain freeze on my 4th turn but at least I got all the other letters in the correct place.

Comment

Left myself able to see only 3 possible solutions after guess 2 (had the first and fourth letters in the right place and knew that the r must be at the end.) Made an error by guessing sugar next (if it was wrong, which as you know it was, that didn't help me choose between the other 2. Whereas if I'd tried sonar or solar first I would have guaranteed being able to do it in 4. As it happened, I did get it in 4)

Comment

I tried sonar before solar so 4.

Comment

https://english.elpais.com/science-t...at-wordle.html

Comment

Yeah, I also tried SONAR before getting it - could've had a two. Weirdly I was lucky with fat fingers on the first guess, as I'd intended to go for STARE. My mistake gave me an orange!

Comment

Wordle in Spanish:

https://wordle.danielfrg.com/

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                  X