• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reality Checkpoint View Post
    3 today, more by luck than judgement
    Snap.

Comment

4, after running every possible combination in my head for about a half hour.

Comment

5 today for me.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
          4, after running every possible combination in my head for about a half hour.
          Yes, that's what I tend to do. Yesterday's (knoll) I got in 3. Particularly pleased as I didn't get any in the first go at all.

Comment

Comment

Should have been 5, but cocked penultimate entry

Comment

After a five today I've taken 18 shots on the four holes so far in my second round, so that's two over par.

Comment

At 18 holes yesterday, I'm at an even 72. Par, as they undoubtedly say, for the course.

Comment

Oh, and my usual 4 today.

Comment

4 again today

Streak is now 8

Comment

Three today, felt easy somehow (yes, I know, that's not really how it works).

Comment

3 also. Still only one failure since I started.

Comment

Me too, streak currently at 17.

Comment

Another five so that's three over par after the fifth hole. I'm not all that good at this.

Comment

Another three today

Comment

5, stuffed up two goes by not including a known letter.

Comment

Finally took the plunge and just tried this for the first time. Got it in 5, which I'm reasonably pleased with after not getting anything whatsover in my first guess. One right + one in wrong place in my second guess... at which point I realised that even my near-complete 'failure' to that point was still equally useful as at least I'd ruled out an awful lot of letters already. Working out what remained meant an immediate formulation sprang to mind for guess 3 – which proved spot-on with the sole exception of the first letter. Then I just got unlucky on round 4 as there was a couple of alternative words ending with the same four letters, and I happened to pick another wrong one first!

I can see I'm going to be back for a lot more of this.

Comment

Good man. A bogey on your first is a solid start. Sometimes the tee shot going into the rough gives you a clearer line to the pin.

Comment

Another 5

Comment

I'm through 36 holes in +2, with five strokes dropped to par in the way I scored my PROXY disaster.

One-and-a-half of those rounds were played in Hard mode, until I switched in readiness for the matchplay tournament. It's a handy extra club in the bag when you don't have to use the letters you've discovered.

Comment

five again today.

Comment

5 today puts me at +2 after 16

Comment

I'm currently -8 for my second round after 12.

Comment

Can't be bothered to scroll back, but was there a fixed start date for this "golf" thing? Anyway, in 25 attempts (my record says 26, but on my very first go I hadn't read the instructions and so had no idea what the colour coding meant and was stabbing in the dark, with predictable failure the result) I've had 25 successes with a total of 96 lines - an average score of 3.84 lines per puzzle. Unluckily for my match-play opponent SB, my recent form has been better than my average, with an average of 3.4 lines per puzzle over my first 5 match plays.

Comment

It was the 17th Jan that Irony Towers suggested the golf scoring, but I think most people are going back to when they started playing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X