Wordle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wordle

Similar to the old Mastermind board game, in that you have to guess a five-letter word within six goes, using any correct letter placings as assistance. You play just once per day, and I began with success on the third attempt:

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

So popular that it is now cool to declare on Twitter that you don't Wordle and never will. I enjoy it as an early morning distraction.

Comment

Heh, I just got it on the third go - in fact, the first word I tried had 3 correct letters in the correct places, which I regard as so unlikely ever to happen again that I'm going to stop playing now (probably).

Comment

Does everyone get the same word? I did mine in 4 goes. I won't say what the answer is in case it is actually the same word

Comment

Yes, everyone gets the same word.

Comment

3 today. I've done it 6 times, 3 in 3 and 3 in 4 goes.

Comment

Even simple word games have an opinion on the Tories leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                Similar to the old Mastermind board game, in that you have to guess a five-letter word within six goes, using any correct letter placings as assistance. You play just once per day, and I began with success on the third attempt:

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
                There was a "word mastermind" which consisted of having to derive a four-letter word released on the back of the popularity of the standard version

Comment

Got it in 3. In fairness, I think getting it in any less than 3 can only be dumb luck.

Comment

4 for me. I'll be doing this again.

Comment

I particularly enjoy how the information from previous guesses is summarized on the keyboard; in one go you can see which letters you haven't used yet. Clever design.

Comment

Also in 3, but one of the posts above gave a subtle clue.

Comment

I'm stuck, in that I've reached a point where there isn't an acceptable word I can enter. What's the answer?

Comment

Sean's post gives a strong clue. But don;t let it give you a hernia

Comment

I tried trubs, trugs, truds, trums, tryds, trybs and more and I'm out of ideas, it is really bugging me.

Comment

Please someone, I feel like I'm going mad here. There's no way to see the answer.

Comment

Ah, I think you may not have realised that it;s possible for letters to appear twice in the word

Comment

Psssssssssssh. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                      Please someone, I feel like I'm going mad here. There's no way to see the answer.
                                      I've DMed you it.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                        Psssssssssssh. Thank you.
                                        Ah, seems like you got it first.

Comment

Four goes then. My third guess based on Sean's clue was trogs.

Comment

They felt (political manoeuvring) in their fingers?

Comment

Sounds similar-ish to a rather low-rent ITV game show (called Lingo?) that I caught by accident the other day.

But one that I briefly considered applying to enter, given that people seemed to be winning impressive amounts of money for solving not-especially-difficult puzzles. (However, I can't anyway, because I've previously been on the payroll of the company responsible for its existence.)

Comment

It took me the full six goes. I had 4 of the letters after 2 goes but it took me another 4 goes to nail it.

Comment

I've done today's in 5. I really should be asleep.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X