No announcement yet.

Dead Pool 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd missed Leslie Phillips' passing last month, so that gets Rogin the Armchair fan on the board for 2022.

A total of 12 out of 110 picks for the year (with two days yet to run of course), or an average of 0.55 per OTFer.

Comment

I've never competed in this as I feel a bit iffy about predicting someone's demise, but it's interesting looking at the entries which seem to split between genuine predictions and complete wish-lists.

Comment

I used to feel that but don't give a fuck any more.

12 out of 110 seems to me a terrible hit rate, we have to do better next year.

Comment

Nicely put on both counts

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
            Robert Redford
            Diana Ross
            Jair Bolsonaro
            Bobby Charlton
            and once more for good measure,
            Pope Benedict XVI
            In off the Pope. A point right at the, er, death.

Comment

So, with hours to go (I suppose we'd give a point for any deaths on NYE local time even if we're past it on UTC), the results for 2022 are:

​​​​​​1st Sean of the Shed for June Brown, Lord Sainsbury and Uwe Seeler

2nd delicatemoth for Pele and Angela Lansbury

3rd elguapo4 for Bernard Cribbins and Gordon Lee

4th WFD for John Bird

5th Amor de Cosmos for Jerry Lee Lewis

6th Sporting for Sonny Ramadhin

7th Discordant Resonance for Ex-Benedict

8th San Bernardhinault for QE2

9th Rogin the Armchair Fan for Leslie Phillips

Comment

I think this was the first year I didn't list the utterly dreadful Cardinal Angelo Sodano. This year he promptly died.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                  As we approach the last three days of the game, would anyone be so kind as to set up the 2023 edition?

Edit - and please do shout up if I've missed any deaths on the list (Google Sheet on first page).
                  Go on then, I'll set it up this year. Thanks for your efforts Kevin S

Though I will be relying on thread participants to help keep track of their nominations.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post

Go on then, I'll set it up this year. Thanks for your efforts Kevin S

Though I will be relying on thread participants to help keep track of their nominations.
                    Actually, I notice David Agnew has already magnanimously set it up so I am saved from further procrastination.

Comment

And, in fact, Kevin S had already set it up before that. Very confusing.

Comment

I've just had the Golden Scythe trophy engraved with my name and placed on the mantelpiece.
                        Tomorrow I'm off to wait outside Kenneth Baker's house with a blown up paper bag at ready.

Comment

Working...
                        X