• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
    Why is it taking so long.
    Roolz.

Comment

Well, if you were Johnson, would you resign? I wouldn't.

And I know that's a horrible "if" and the yukkiest of role-play, but if you can imagine being entirely shameless, he gains nothing by being an ex-PM who resigns under pressure instead of an ex-PM who gets voted out (by his MPs before the voters can, presumably).

Survive a week or two before summer recess, and hope there's WW3 in the meantime.

Comment

One thing Penny Mordaunt shares with Nadine Dorries is a background in reality TV - in the former's case, an appearance on high-diving celebrity schedule-filler Splash!

Comment

https://twitter.com/JasonGroves1/status/1544633892338110464

Comment

Hustings is a funny word.

Comment

When even the fucking wicked witch of the west tells you to go, surely you run like hell

Comment

Latest odds - note the 1 Sept 10.00 is a nominal event date which Wm Hill have to have for their systems. The earlier screenshot was from 1 Jan with a 1 May deadline.
                (Cracked actor) Laurence Fox is 500/1 which is a bit stingy as it would require quite a turn of events. Corbyn 250/1, ditto.

Comment

Johnson will call an election. He is absolutely convinced of his own omnipotence. Trump but with the utterly misplaced self-regard the British class system bestows on wankers.

Comment

Count me among those who had never heard of Penny Mordaunt before reading this thread. She was only 28/1 on January 1st so I infer she's just become the least toxic contender.

More evidence of how the names look fake - David Frost, Johnny Mercer.

Starmer's odds suggest that Johnson calling an election is unlikely.
                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 07-07-2022, 00:32.

Comment

What are the odds that Labour picks a new leader?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        Count me among those who had never heard of Penny Mordaunt before reading this thread. She was only 28/1 on January 1st so I infer she's just become the least toxic contender.

More evidence of how the names look fake - David Frost, Johnny Mercer.

Starmer's odds suggest that Johnson calling an election is unlikely.
                        I wonder if "nobody has heard of her" is what has made her least toxic. The only Tories who haven't disqualified themselves are the ones who haven't had a chance to yet, because they aren't in the public eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                          I think he'll be gone by summer recess, or at least they'll get him by then and let the succession run over the summer. I don't think there is an obvious successor though. Truss has already started her leadership campaign with that newspaper interview, but like Patel she is the sort of candidate who will play well among the party members but will alienate the electorate and while they were stupid enough to take that chance with IDS, Howard or Hague, they are desperate to hang on to power now and won't risk it. Raab would tempt some of them as being a relatively moderate face, but he's too accident prone on TV for him to be trusted with an election. I could see Sunak getting it, and it seems he's already running a campaign, but his business dealings are in too many pies and there is bound to be some dynamite dirt in amongst that lot.

So, because no one else has bagged him, and dependent on how the Covid situation plays out, I'll be the first to say it - Sajid Javid.
                          Well I got the timing right, if nothing else.

Comment

Time to officially reopen the thread.

Comment

Bring him back!

Comment

My turf accountant has him 10-1 sixth favourite for next PM, behind Sunak, Hunt, Starmer, Mourdaunt and Wallace in that order.

Comment

Seeing as something is likely to give soon... surely?, here are the "next PM" odds as of now.

Sunak 11/8
                                  Hunt, Mourdant 3/1
                                  Wallace 6/1
                                  Johnson 7/1
                                  Starmer 12/1
                                  Gove 16/1
                                  May 18/1
                                  Shapps, Badenoch, Javid, Braverman, Coffey 40/1 (I suspect SkyBet gave up around this part of the market)

Comment

Reckon Mordaunt is good value there. Seems like too many of them can;t stand Sunak and Hunt.

Comment

According to Steven Swinford, Johnson plans to stand again "in the national interest" .

Comment

Latest, despite Hunt & Gove apparently not standing...
                                        Rishi Sunak 5/6
                                        Penny Mordaunt 9/4
                                        Boris Johnson 7/2
                                        Ben Wallace 16/1
                                        Kemi Badenoch 25/1
                                        Jeremy Hunt 50/1
                                        Keir Starmer 50/1
                                        Michael Gove 66/1
                                        Suella Braverman 66/1
                                        Tom Tugendhat 66/1
                                        Grant Shapps 80/1
                                        Theresa May 100/1