No announcement yet.

When Will Brenda Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1496477915642572803?s=20&t=46rSqdJY1aJa4_VPFUJfXg

Comment

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1523716004005695488

Comment

Would be a good time to shut the entire medieval charade down for good

Comment

Just the Opening of Parliament, or the British Monarchy in its entirety?

Comment

Surely her benefits need to be stopped if she's not making herself available for work?

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
              Just the Opening of Parliament, or the British Monarchy in its entirety?
              The former, though I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the latter.

Comment

Although probably one of my all time top 20 Private Eye covers was the Q at the SOoP with a speech bubble saying "And I hope you realise I didn't write this crap".

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

The former, though I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the latter.
                  We've the same ritual, minus most of the fancy dress:

The opening of the Canadian parliament is the commencement of a session of the Parliament of Canada following a general election. It involves summons from the governor general on behalf of the monarchand a ceremony based on the same in the United Kingdom, though less elaborate and now evolved to include uniquely Canadian elements.

It'd be much more fun to have someone dressed as Charles I being forcibly removed from the chamber.

Comment

You have to provide some incentives for people to go to Ottawa

Comment

Heh!

Anyway, back in Westminster. I thought Prince Chas looked more like a spectacularly elaborate Toby Jug than ever today.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

We've the same ritual, minus most of the fancy dress:

The opening of the Canadian parliament is the commencement of a session of the Parliament of Canada following a general election. It involves summons from the governor general on behalf of the monarchand a ceremony based on the same in the United Kingdom, though less elaborate and now evolved to include uniquely Canadian elements.

It'd be much more fun to have someone dressed as Charles I being forcibly removed from the chamber.
                        Rocky and Bullwinkle act as supporters to your version of Black Rod?

Comment

They are from Minnesota and would not have been able to cross the border

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                            June 12th 2021 seems like a good date to start with.
                            12th June 2022 looking even better…

Comment

Here we go, potentially.

Comment

Comment

Looks like we'll be having a national holiday soon. Thanks Brenda

Comment

While I am generally of the opinion that the sooner they’re all hanging from the ramparts, the better, in this instance I’d be grateful if she’d wait a couple more days so as to not disrupt my travel plans.

Comment

Gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                        Convinced that I'll stiff it before she does.
                                        Woo-hoo! I was wrong!

Comment

I could have sworn I replied to this thread at the time with a prediction of my own, to such an extent that when I saw it just now I thought 'oh yeah, what date did I go for?' But on looking back just now, it appears I didn't.

Comment

Oh, and well done on continuing to be alive, GO.

Comment

Looks like we'll be getting a Netflix subscription then.

I've also got a major Bay City Rollers earworm, bye bye Brenda bye bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                July 4th 2022.
                                                And your the closest. Am I allowed to congratulate you or will I be sent to the tower?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

And your the closest. Am I allowed to congratulate you or will I be sent to the tower?
                                                  Only for bad grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Only for bad grammar.
                                                    You are not your obviously but that's predictive text for you.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X