When Will Brenda Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Will Brenda Go?

June 12th 2021 seems like a good date to start with.

23 March 2023

Comment

8 April 2024

Comment

25th December 2026.

Comment

23rd January 2027

Comment

She'll want both the century and the 75th, so March 10th 2027.

Comment

I said four months before so I'll go 9th August. This year.

Comment

July 4th 2022.

Comment

1 September 2021

Comment

When are they planning the "Platinum Jubilee" celebrations? Early June 2022? About a week before that then. No, actually a week after, so we get two lots of days off. They won't shut the pubs when she snuffs it will they?

Comment

Whenever it is, it'll be made illegal to smile in public for 7 days afterwards...

Comment

February 1, 2022

Comment

I prefer to speculate when William will throw in the towel*. I'm assuming he'll succed pretty quickly given Charles's age/ health/ unpopularity/ gormlessness

* moving to the Benelux/ Scandi pushbike model and keeping much of the cash, rather than violent overthrow

So 2026. 1 July
                          Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 11-04-2021, 12:56.

Comment

I wonder how many of us will go before Brenda.

Comment

Oh, they'll keep the cash. Anyone in a leasehold in London, the Home Counties, Lancashire, Wales or Scotland is in for a VERY nasty surprise as to who their actual landlord is.

Comment

In 2019, a British adult aged 80 could statistically expect to make 85 (sorry, source forgotten)

The odds when you're 95 are rather less generous

Comment

24th December 2021, just in time to spoil Christmas.

Comment

In the Netherlands Beatrix, born in 1938 was Queen from 1980 until her abdication in 2013. Her mother Juliana who was born in 1909 abdicated in 1980. So the Dutch reture around 70, which makes a lot of sense (if you are going to have a monarchy at all, of course)

Comment

Phil's death broke during a break in my online training course As people chatted I added only 2 brief points of information

1 Phil has made repeatedly clear for many years that he didn't want a state funeral

2 Liz will not abdicate even if incapacitated

(source for both- decades of news releases from their Buck House flunkies. Meanwhile, most of the public remain both uninformed and uninterested in how the (head of) state works. You don't actually need smoke and mirrors)

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                        When are they planning the "Platinum Jubilee" celebrations? Early June 2022? About a week before that then. No, actually a week after, so we get two lots of days off. They won't shut the pubs when she snuffs it will they?
                                        This has crossed my mind too. In fact it probably did last time there was a jubilee. Ideally we want the day off for the jubilee (and none of this bullshit moving an existing bank holiday), then she can check out and we get another, and then another for the coronation. Just none of this in the football season please.

Comment

In fact why speculate :

The May Bank Holiday Weekend will be moved to Thursday 2 June and an additional Bank Holiday on Friday 3 June will see a four-day weekend to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee - the first time any British monarch has reached this historic milestone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                            I wonder how many of us will go before Brenda.
                                            Convinced that I'll stiff it before she does.

Comment

31 October 2025.

Comment

I used one of those online life expectancy calculators, which says she has 3.17 years left. But her mother lived to the age of 101 and she will have the best possible healthcare. So, I say she'll make it to 104, passing away on her birthday, April 21st 2030.

Comment

The Queen Mum was 95% gin, though.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X