Drive That Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive That Fast

A thread for observations and recommendations on driving games.

I'm a big fan of the Truck Simulator games (Euro Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim), but they have convinced me that driving is incredibly difficult, especially for big lorries. Taking sharp corners is really difficult when you have a long trailer you can't actually see, and I regularly grind to a halt with my trailer stuck on a fence or kerb, or bash a car I can't see and cop a fine. On occasion I've actually managed to overturn the bloody thing. I don't understand how real lorry drivers manage it and I have developed a healthy respect for their skills.

Look, driving is easy. Just press X, and if you want to slow down (although why would you want to do that?) there's normally a handy wall or some pedestrians to help you out.

There's probably a reason I'm not allowed to drive in real life. Fucking do-gooders.

Last driving game I tried was Nascar Heat 4 (which was the fourth version of Nascar Heat, and not, as I had thought, an admirably obscure qualifying round for Nascar). Basically you had to turn left a lot.

Comment

Forza Horizon 4 (I've not played 5) is a lot of fun if you like hooning around vaguely recognisable British countryside in a variety of preposterous cars. The Lego Speed Champions expansion is hilarious.

EDIT: It's also free on Game Pass currently.
      Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 07-01-2021, 14:10.

Comment

I don't really have any problems cornering in ETS2/ATS, unless I've turned off the speed limiter and am going well over 100kph, but parking is a bastard, especially with the more complicated trailers. They could totally sell a game which is just parking challenges.

Comment

I'm getting better, but those double trailers are still gits. But I took a truck load of fireworks from Ogden, Utah to Roswell, New Mexico without blowing up. I just want a Wages Of Fear mod for one of these games.

GY - try tearing round Corsica, my lorry fell over twice there.

Comment

Working...
          X