Next, Next, Next, Next Gen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next, Next, Next, Next Gen.

So, PS5 or XBox X (isn’t that what they called the last one?)
    which, if any are you planning on getting?

I just managed to squeeze in a Pre-order for a diskless PS5 on Amazon. I’d probably prefer the one with the optical drive, but needs must. I can’t be waiting until the middle of next year to play Horizon Forbidden West or Miles Morales.

Then on Monday it’s scramble time again for the Xbox. With this one it’s much more important to get the top one. The baby version isn’t even 4k output ffs.

Microsoft’s scheme to have a ?28/month charge for the box and access to all MS and EA games looks like a winner to me. I can see that being super popular. So much so that Sony have had to Chuck 20 or so PS4 games in for immediate download on the PS5.

Oh and if anyone wants to buy a used but great condition PS4 Pro or XBox One X at the end of November, I’ll have them available.

Comment

As mentioned on the other thread, I'm not planning on getting a PS5 for a while, but I probably will eventually. Especially now it's confirmed that Miles Morales is coming to PS4, there's just no pressing need for me to get a next gen console, especially as I'm about to replace my desktop PC. Doubt I will get an Xbox Series X until they do a hardware revision, if then. For people without gaming PCs, though, yeah, the Game Pass deal is just a ridiculous value, doubly so if they didn't already have a back catalogue of Xbone games.

Might try to sell my PS4 once I've finished Ghosts of Tsushima and Miles Morales. Other than that I'm really only playing MLB on it these days.

Edit: Oh, wow, just saw that Horizon: Forbidden West is also coming to PS4, which probably means that's being released sooner than I expected, and even further reduces my desire for a PS5, as that is by far my most anticipated exclusive that they've revealed so far.
      Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 17-09-2020, 10:01.

Comment

I have to say, punting HFW and Miles Morales as PS5 exclusives and then sneaking them out on PS4 doesn’t leave a particularly pleasant taste in the mouth.
        I mean, I’m glad more people can play them, but they could have said so up front.

Comment

It was particularly galling that they did it via a "leak" to Geoff Keighley, rather than announcing it themselves. At least own up to it. Miles Morales I always kind of expected to be on PS4, though perhaps after a delay, as it's basically a standalone expansion.

Comment

Sounds like I might angle for getting an Xbox One X for the kids this Christmas. I am sure to be able to get a deal.

Comment

Secured me a Series X this morning. Direct from Microsoft which was good as Game, Argos and Smyth all bombed.
              Although even MS site crapped out a couple of times. If only they had their own limitless and always on data centres and an operating model that allowed instant load-based spin up of nodes...

Comment

Yeah, that's the problem with the world these days, not enough instant spin up of nodes.

Comment

Given my repeated frustrations with both Battlefield IV (and especially V) and more recently with CoD, I have no real interest in giving any more of my money to games companies.

Comment

Might cancel my PS5 or punt it still boxed. I wanted it at release for Spiderman MM and Horizon. But seeing as they're both PS4 anyway and Horizon isn't coming until next year (and Cyberpunk isn't going to be next gen for a while anyway) I might just stick to the XBox for now.

Comment

My PS4 has been making a sound like a 747 taking off for some time now (even after a complete dissembly and clean), so for once I might even be an early adopter for the PS5.

Having said that, though, I'm considering the possibility of building a gaming pc this time around (there are pc games I want that just aren't available for consoles), but even my techiest mate who's got one has seemingly perpetual low level problems with it, and that might jar with me. It would be a fun project for me and my older boy to undertake, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X