No announcement yet.

OTFL, Dynasty and Vanilla 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to note that I notice that players in the Covid-postponed Steelers-Titans games are showing up as scoring 0.00, which I presume means that you should drop them (though I can;t find anything from Yahoo that outlines this)

Comment

Also Patriots and Chiefs showing as 0 – although what I'm seeing on the news reports is that their match is currently just being postponed to Monday/Tuesday? Big decisions to make for those lucky enough to have any of the prominent KC players.

Comment

Rescheduling depends on how many positives results come out of tests done yesterday

Comment

So, does anyone know when the decision about that game will be made? I presume very soon - if it gets moved to Mon/Tues, the players still count, as I understand. If not then they don't.

Since Tyreek Hill is in two of my teams, this matters

Comment

As of three minutes ago

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1312753823669252097

Comment

Now confirmed

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1312768788954259459

Comment

Thanks ursus.

Comment

Yeah cheers ursus, I can't be arsed to change the lineup again!

Comment

This season is going to be a disaster for all three of my teams but snaring Justin Herbert in the Dynasty will keep me warm.

Comment

Just realised that my team in the regular OTFL league has the highest number of points in the league, yet has a 1-3 record. Which is kind of annoying

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                        Just realised that my team in the regular OTFL league has the highest number of points in the league, yet has a 1-3 record. Which is kind of annoying
                        Still the case, highest scoring record, and in 10th place. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                          My Vanilla season is near enough scuppered already, R2 pick Kittle barely played two quarters and is out until at least week 4, then R1 pick Barkley plays terrible in the opener and tears his ACL in the sequel. R3 and R4 picks DeAndre Hopkins and Jonathan Taylor should be quaking in their cleats this weekend.
                          Hopkins and Taylor have (so far) survived, but R5 pick OBJ is now out for the season.

And in OTFL this week, my bench looked like this:

Comment

Ha, I should put up my team from my other league - my entire bench is out injured (except my backup quarterback) and I had 2 non-bench players on byes. I've completely given up on it already.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think it's just a curse on my fantasy picks, there does seem to be a lot more injuries across the NFL this season — presumably as a consequence of the truncated pre-season.

Comment

I forgot to set my teams last weekend. But it appears it didn't matter as my OTFL team won, despite starting Lamar Jackson, and I had no chance in the Vanilla league this week, as my opponent (Raminator) got more points than me with just three players – Tyreek Hill (44.9), Derrick Henry (36.5) and Antonio Gibson (31.6).

They also would have beaten all but two of the other teams in the league. To beat them, Raminator would have needed to add one more player, Will Fuller (29.1). Incredible scoring. They had four of the top six highest scoring players in week 12, the other two were both quarterbacks (Watson and Mahomes for those counting).

Comment

A good weekend sees my teams reach the superbowl in both Vanilla and Dynasty (and of course I already had won the moral championship in OTFL).

Comment

Good luck in both, ad hoc.

I just love OTFL. Much like 7 card stud is my favorite poker game, and 9 card Omaha is too esoteric (dynasty) and Texas Hold Em is too ballsy and less intelligent (Vanilla,) OTFL has just enough of a perfect mix.

I lost to the Eliteville Legitmen because their defensive lineman had a strip-sack for a TD and another safety had 2 sacks. Then poor Nish lost to them. Like 7 card, it has the right mix of making the right moves and luck. It also has the closest replication of a real game. If a defense scores a TD in a real game, their chance for winning goes way up.

Dynasty for me is already vomit-inducing because of the 2 QBs. It becomes like 9 card Omaha where there's so many ways to score points and you regularly end up with Royal Flushes and 4 of a kind and 135 point games are common place. Vanilla is like the really old days (like the first ever season when I had Jerry Rice of the Raiders) and only the team defense, but for me it's so much less thrilling than OTFL.

Also the mix of some dynasty players and being able to wheel and deal and make moves is so much fun. Dynasty has none of that, and Vanilla has less options because of having less players. OTFL is Goldilocks Just Right.

So congrats to the Legitmen and Rushing Strangers (the golden standard of the league) and commiserations to ad hoc for the Supporters Shield....but that's the very thing that makes it so much fun. Any great game....there's a million ways to lose.

Comment

Cheers JV

Bad start in Dynasty where one of my team got withdrawn before kick off (but while I was asleep - time zones don't usually screw me in this game, but it very occasionally happens).

Comment

Champions in 2 leagues out of 3. Can't be unhappy with that return. Thanks all for another good season (which i would be saying even if I hadn't had such good fortune)

Let's hope that by next season, we just have to worry about standard injuries and not Covid-IR or the other new challenges that we've had.

Comment

Congrats ad hoc , and to Eliteville Legitmen in OTFL.

Speaking of OTFL, as I've mentioned before, my team managed to get the second fewest points scored against during the regular season whilst you had scored the most in the league. As an academic exercise, I thought I would have a look as to what the final win tallies would have been if our schedules had been exactly swapped:

That one swap had a large impact on the regular season for the Sods, jumping them up to the #1 seed! This was thanks not only to the extra wins they got, but the ripple effect around the league as the Sods and Legion affected wins and losses in almost every week. The Bobos were the second biggest beneficiary, also rising to the primary play-offs, with the Teeth and the (eventual winners) Legitmen dropping into the consolidation bracket.
                                          Regular Season Record Alternative Reality
                                          Rank Team Record Record Rank
                                          1 Nottingham Crimewave 11–2 10–3 (-1) 2 (-1)
                                          2 Rushing Strangers 10–3 8–5 (-2) 5 (-3)
                                          3 Cowboy Curtises 9–4 9–4 (-) 3 (-)
                                          4 Joe's Missing Teeth 8–5 6–7 (-2) 8 (-4)
                                          5 Seattle Shitehawks 7–6 7–6 (-) 6 (-1)
                                          6 Eliteville Legitmen 7–6 7–6 (-) 7 (-1)
                                          7 Csiki Sods 6–7 10–3 (+4) 1 (+6)
                                          8 Westside Bobos 6–7 8–5 (+2) 4 (+4)
                                          9 Squishy Fishies 5–8 6–7 (+1) 9 (-)
                                          10 No Fans Legion 4–9 3–10 (-1) 11 (-1)
                                          11 Chicago Brown Bears 4–9 4–9 (-) 10 (+1)
                                          12 Crack Badgers 1–12 0–13 (-1) 12 (-)

So what then, for the play-offs? There is a slight asterisk in the first round, as who knows if the Bobos-Strangers score would have been different as both teams were actually on a bye that week, but again there is a lot of movement. However, two things stayed the same, the Rushing Strangers finished second, and the sixth seed won it all! In this alternate reality, the Seattle Shitehawks were triumphant!
                                          Actual Consolidation
                                          Quarterfinals Semifinals Final Quarterfinals Semifinals 7th Place Game
                                          Crimewave Bye Crimewave 70.94 Strangers 76.14 Sods Bye Sods 130.31 Sods 97.76
                                          Legitmen 78.78 Legitmen 76.36 Legion 90.76 Bobos 115.40
                                          Teeth 116.32 Fishies 121.90
                                          Shitehawks 99.49 Strangers 103.16 Badgers 66.51 Bobos 111.16
                                          Teeth 99.76 Fishies 79.72
                                          Curtises 92.39 Legion 117.52
                                          Legitmen 101.29 5th Place Game 3rd Place Game Bears 82.40 11th Place Game 9th Place Game
                                          Curtises 79.59 Crimewave 144.56 Bears 58.19 Fishies 65.07
                                          Strangers Bye Shitehawks 134.41 Teeth 110.69 Bobos Bye Badgers 92.66 Legion 109.81
                                          Alternative Reality Alternative Reality Consolidation
                                          Quarterfinals Semifinals Final Quarterfinals Semifinals 7th Place Game
                                          Sods Bye Sods 130.31 Strangers 76.14 Legitmen Bye Legitmen 78.78 Teeth 110.69
                                          Shitehawks 134.41 Shitehawks 137.22 Legion 90.76 Legion 109.81
                                          Curtises 92.39 Fishies 121.90
                                          Shitehawks 99.49 Crimewave 70.94 Badgers 66.51 Teeth 99.76
                                          Strangers 103.16 Fishies 79.72
                                          Bobos 71.55 Bears 82.40
                                          Strangers 97.49 5th Place Game 3rd Place Game Legion 117.52 11th Place Game 9th Place Game
                                          Curtises 79.59 Sods 97.76 Bears 58.19 Legitmen 76.36
                                          Crimewave Bye Bobos 111.16 Crimewave 144.56 Teeth Bye Badgers 92.66 Fishies 65.07

Comment

Top work Lambers

Comment

Amazing Lambers.

All hail the Legitmen. That's the dream of all of us mediocre lamers who plod along, winning some, losing some....then missing Alvin Kamara's 6 TDs (Nish must still be eating his second heart transplant out after eating his first heart out over that one,) and winning by that margin. Absolutely hilarious and brilliant. Again, why OTFL is my favorite game of any games. Truly has that "Any Given Thursday-Monday" aspect that makes it unpredictable.

Comment

I can't remember, who set up the auxiliary playoff fantasy leagues in years past? I'd be interested in doing that again. I just can't remember which site it was on, since it wasn't Yahoo. The one-and-done selection limit made for an interesting challenge.

Comment

Same here. It was a wacky site that looked like Thermoglobal Nuclear War out of War Games.

Nish set it up.

Comment

Would people be up for a simple bracket prediction run via an OTF thread? I'd be happy to administer it.

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
                                                    It was a wacky site that looked like Thermoglobal Nuclear War out of War Games.
                                                    Completely by the by, but, coincidentally, I watched War Games for the first time ever yesterday. Decent film.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X