No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Worst Nightmare Well played! And what a thrilling denouement. Even if it's not quite what I wanted to come back to.

Comment

Ooh I hadn't twigged it was such a close finish... Congrats to both. I'll try to set up another pair of competitions shortly....

Comment

Thanks, not just a thrilling finish, but a hair’s breadth between the two teams at the finish. My boys snuck over the line with a net run rate of + 0.0068 ahead of Wellworth. Has there been a tighter finish in the OTF leagues?

Congrats also to jdsx who continue to rule the roost in the OTF Youth league.

Comment

pebblethefish that;s a good solid win by your youths yesterday.

My senior team is just about to hit a wall. Three of my 1st XI regulars have just started decreasing and their replacements just aren't quite as good. But I can't go on having two players for each of their slots until the younger is better than the older.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregario View Post
            [USER="7230"]My senior team is just about to hit a wall. Three of my 1st XI regulars have just started decreasing and their replacements just aren't quite as good. But I can't go on having two players for each of their slots until the younger is better than the older.
            The effects don’t seem to have kicked in just yet, congrats to Wellworth on reclaiming the OTF Championship.

Comment

Thank you Favourite Worst Nightmare, I didn't click that it was already over.

Comment

After over 5 years of playing, I finally have my first international player! Rogier Simons of my affiliate side has been called up for the Dutch U20 squad.

Comment

Congrats pebblethefish !

By the way, I don't have enough credits to set up any more OTF leagues at the monent :-(

Happy for someone else to set them up if you can be bothered!

Comment

Yeah, I'll do it during the week.

And congrats pebblethefish

Comment

As we're about to start number 14 here are some tops of the all time rankings

Most Runs
                      Gianni Moser (Nuhiu Rules) 4127 @ 50.33
                      Shawn Pavy (Village Flowers) 3938 @ 51.14
                      Chris Ogilvy (Nuhiu Rules) 3926 @ 47.30

Highest Averages (min 20 Inns.)
                      Martin Slattery (Bagillt Baptists) 1720 @ 71.67
                      Tsepo Manzini (Csiki Nurdles) 1337 @ 63.67
                      Anthony Gill (Bagillt Baptists) 930 @ 62.00

Highest Scores
                      Seamus Kavanagh (Danefieldshire) 184
                      Sean Beattie (Fuzzy Ducks) 181
                      Rudy Peters (St. Marks Hill Strollers) 174

Most Wickets
                      Jezza Callery (Wellworth) 205 @ 17.09
                      Solomon Matsikenyeri (St. Marks Hill Strollers) 149 @ 16.40
                      Spencer Maylin (Wellworth) 142 @ 16.68

Best Average (min 1200 balls)
                      Mithun Vaholiya (St. Marks Hill Strollers) 61 @ 13.11
                      David Baxter (St. Marks Hill Strollers) 108 @ 15.31
                      Nathan Cleeve (Village Flowers) 111 @ 16.16

Comment

Favourite Worst Nightmare nice win. I'm left thinking what might be if I'd left my stronger all rounder in. I took him our as he's a spinner.

Comment

I reckon it’s worth including a small amount of spin on hard/green pitches as the match engine gives you a bonus for variety. Likewise with seam bowling on dry pitches.

Comment

Just sent out some invitations to OTF XVI....! If anyone else would like to (re-) join, let me know!

Comment

PS Congrats to malc (@Favourite Worst Nightmare?) for winning the last one!

Comment

Thank you!. I'm looking forward to it, especially after XV was so close at the top. I think the county championship would have joint winners (jk)

I'm a little sad to see that Chris Ogilvy has left Nuhiu Rules. He's currently second on the list of total OTF runs scored. 4486 @ 43.55. He played in every OTF Championship from one to fifteen, playing 115 games, and reaching 100 ten times along with 23 fifties. His highest score was 153.

There are currently three players who have scored mare than 4000 runs in OTF matches. Moser, Ogilvy and Pavy.
                                Last edited by Levin; 29-03-2023, 08:20.

Comment

I have recently rejoined, so obviously have not got a very good team yet. I would be happy to give it a go but only if you need someone to make up the numbers. My team is Alrewas All Saints, based in Ireland. My user name is OutlawPete.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post

I'm a little sad to see that Chris Ogilvy has left Nuhiu Rules. He's currently second on the list of total OTF runs scored. 4486 @ 43.55. He played in every OTF Championship from one to fifteen, playing 115 games, and reaching 100 ten times along with 23 fifties. His highest score was 153.

There are currently three players who have scored mare than 4000 runs in OTF matches. Moser, Ogilvy and Pavy.
                                    Aye, it was with some regret I did that given that he was my last player remaining from the great signing spree of April 2020 (those halcyon days), but there was a need to be ruthless to get the wage bill down again and he was well in decline. 390 games he played for us across all formats. Moser also left a few weeks back on a similar basis, although nobody picked him up from the transfer market so he had to be retired.

Comment

Gianni Moser, 4615 runs @ 48.58. High score 162. 11 centuries and 30 half-centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Granthamian View Post
                                        I have recently rejoined, so obviously have not got a very good team yet. I would be happy to give it a go but only if you need someone to make up the numbers. My team is Alrewas All Saints, based in Ireland. My user name is OutlawPete.
                                        Nice one Granthamian Invite sent.

Comment

Well, well, well. That was quite the finish.

Comment

Great match. Love a nail biting finish whatever the end result.

Out of curiosity Levin I noticed on the League events page that you sold a player for circa £1m which seemed to be rescinded and he was sold for circa £100k the next day. Presumably some idiot trying to mess the game? Did you receive any notification from the admin?

Comment

No, no notification at all. I seem to have the million in my account as well. Which seems a bit off. I don't know if I can spend it or if it's going to vanish at some point. And yeah. There's been no communication at all.

Comment

After a thrilling game against longeared last Saturday in the seniors I got steamrollered by jdsx as the Fuzzy Ducks started their youth campaign.

My kids have just won promotion to the first division as well (although I think that's in part because a much better team threw their lead). Other than that I'm staying where I am. I do have 6 first teamers losing stats but I don't have ready replacements at the moment. I can't be doing with the market, I just need to develop some decent youth bowlers.

Comment

Congrats Levin . My youths are doing ok - we finished 3rd in Division 1 (Canada....!) and have just won promotion to Division 1 in the T20.

Seniors aren't doing so well. Definitely Division 3 material - in T20 we were somehow promoted to Division 2 at the end of last season and we finished 8th, behind a team which has gone zombie!

Can't decide whether it's worth putting some more money into the seniors or continue to concentrate on the juniors.... Our academy is currently 'luxurious' and considering upgrading to 'de luxe' with any prize money.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X