No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, won the title on the last ball of the season. Commiserations to Fuzzy Ducks and also to Wellworth, either of whom could easily have been champions.

Comment

Congrats to Levin on winning 'OTF IX'! I'll have a go at setting up the new competitions - both senior and junior if I have enough spare credit. Any tips on how to set up/what to avoid??
      Cheers
      Last edited by jdsx; 21-02-2022, 23:29.

Comment

Thank you. I didn't realise that it had come to the end. I need to fire some people from my senior team, but they've come through my youth system and I can't bear to see them go.

Make sure you set it to invite only jdsx . The setup is over two pages weirdly but it will give you a summary before you commit. I've just been doing random pitches and local weather.

Comment

OK I've set up the OTF (senior) competition. Hopefully I've sent invitations to the same people as were in the previous competition. If anybody else would like to join, please let me know. I set the maximum number as 8 teams.
          I tried to set up the youth competition as well, but it wouldn't let me set the day as 'Wednesday' for some reason - every time I got to the final confirmation page, it defaulted to 'Thursdays and Saturdays', even when I went back to modify to 'Wednesday'. I've emailed the admin about this. I think that means we may miss setting it up to start 9th March as I'd hoped....

Comment

So I've hopefully set up the youth comp as well. The admin messaged me back to say it was just a display issue and to set the competition up anyway and it should work on Wednesdays, which I think it has.

Thanks to those who replied to the senior invite; that looks as though it should start on Saturday 5th March ("OTF X"). And all being well, the youth comp ("OTF Y") should start on Wednesday 9th March.

Comment

Thanks jdsx

Comment

Yeah, thank you jdsx

My team, while batting in a T20 has had 5 ducks and given up two separate hattricks. Still made it to 138 somehow

Comment

My t20 team were bowling today and the opposition were 151 for 0. 7 balls later they were 157 for 5. We still lost.

Comment

Don’t know if you’ve all seen, but some big changes coming up at the end of next season (not the end of this season) by the looks of things.

One of these is the merging of academies so there’s no longer a separate youth and senior academy.

When I started playing Cricketing Timewaster I went all Alex Ferguson and put the focus on bringing through youth, which has just started bearing some fruit in the first team, so a bit disappointed to see it won’t be possible to do this to this to the same extent.

Comment

Yeah, I don't like the look of the changes either.

Comment

I don't know how to phrase this, but once you discount the Strollers clear victory it was a very tight tournament.

Comment

Congrats to OTF X winners Malc (sorry can't remember your name on here!) and OTF Y winners Levin . Commiserations/semi-congratulations to runners up longeared and ...er....me!
                          I'll have a go at setting up new competitions shortly....been a bit busy at work recently but if I've got enough credit I'll try in the next couple of days.

Comment

Congratulations are due again to the Strollers as they repeat and claim their 4th championship. Some really good matches in this competition.

I'm struggling with my first team, I need to get rid of some players as they're reaching thirty, which is fine. But I'm finding it very hard to get rid of some 21-22 year olds who came up through the youths. Even if they are never going to make the 1st XI.

Some change in the top run scorers. Here are all the players with 2000+ runs.
                            Name Team Mat Inns Runs Ave
                            Gianni Moser Nuhiu Rules 78 78 3822 52.36
                            Chris Ogilvy Nuhiu Rules 88 85 3653 49.36
                            Shawn Pavy Village Flowers 75 75 3461 51.66
                            Vinayagamoorthi Prabath Wellworth 70 70 3327 52.81
                            Claye Squires Village Flowers 83 82 3311 42.45
                            Julien Harrop Wellworth 75 73 2918 45.59
                            Ross Anderson St. Marks Hill Strollers 61 59 2867 59.73
                            Rolf Theeuwissen Danefieldshire 65 65 2668 43.03
                            Herman Bascombe Wellworth 88 86 2607 36.21
                            Ace Calvert Fuzzy Ducks 60 60 2182 36.37
                            Tipu Morshed Wellworth 78 73 2147 39.76
                            Seamus Kavanagh Danefieldshire 45 45 2133 56.13
                            Imran Pooran Wellworth 57 57 2095 38.80
                            Nicolaas Ginsberg Danefieldshire 47 47 2090 47.50
                            Keegan Prentice St. Marks Hill Strollers 63 60 2015 36.64

Comment

I've lapsed on this now.

Comment

Fair enough, I think you have to be willing to overlook so real flaws in the game. We had some good matches though

Comment

It's a shame, it's not far from being a really good game, and I really enjoyed the matches themselves. But it's just got too many things wrong with the overall structure.

Comment

Sorry not to set up the next lot of games - been away on holiday. What does everyone think - is it worth setting up another senior and youth league? Happy to do it if y'all think it's worth it.

Comment

I'm happy to carry on with the OTF leagues. Thank you, I think we still have 6?

Comment

I’m also up for continuing the OTF leagues. Thanks as always jdsx and Levin for your efforts in organising.

Comment

Yes, I'd certainly be in for a reboot.

Comment

Ok I'll try to put invitations out in the next day or two.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I really need to sell some of my senior squad. I keep having players I've had since they were 16 come up and they aren't good enough for the 1st XI right now. And by the time they are ready for the 1st XI then I'll have had more come up.

Comment

It’s always harsh getting rid of players who’ve risen up through the youth ranks, especially if they were local lads spotted by the talent scout. Might be a good time to sell though as it seems to be a sellers market at the moment, I’ve noticed some players selling for extortionate prices.

Comment

I'm going to let a couple go today. I think the worst case is that they don't sell and they have to retire. Although that might be the most accurately modelled part of the game, vast numbers of players stopping playing when they leave youth group teams.

I managed to get knocked out of the cup to a much lower ranked team. I know I was playing with fire selecting a weakened XI but I thought my gamble had paid off when I had them nine down with twenty runs to get. I guess that's cricket for you. At least I'm not going to spend half of this season nursing a knackered team through their fixtures.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X