No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the site down for anyone else or just me?

Comment

It's down for everyone, though it was supposed to be back up by now.

Comment

Back up now.

Comment

A 17% increase in wages overall. It'll be more per player as I've got rid of some youths.

Prabath is coming into his prime as a batter but I may have to think about letting him move on, he's 30 and costing $14k a week in wages. He's very good though.

I could really do with a decent youth recruit as well.

Comment

My (affiliate) team actually made it to the 3rd round of the Matt Krevs cup. First time I've managed that. Unfortunately, though I would have liked to have put out my strongest team they are all still knackered from the last round. I find it disappointing that this early in the season they are so out of shape - they must be on 20 fags a day or something. I don't see any way I could ever seriously have a go at a cup that lasts for, what, 11 rounds? My players would all be dead long before then!

Comment

I think that you have to let them rest in training if you are making a serious attempt for them to play 3 games a week.

Comment

I'm having another firesale as my wages are too high, I'm again going back to youths only and trying to fill my senior side with the cheapest players around. This time I'll be really going back to basics, 16 year old players only I think.

Comment

I tend to toss off the big cup and just play youth players. I feel like a football manager typing that.

We've had a promising start to the regular season and are in with a serious chance of winning the T20 division. We seem to be a better team at T20 than in the longer format, and my understanding of the game isn't deep enough to identify why that's the case.

Comment

Well I got handily beaten on Saturday by the Lynx. Losing two wickets in the first three balls of the match was not a good start.

Comment

10k in prize money for making the 3rd round of the cup. Not really worth it (even with the gate money) given how tired my team is now.

Comment

Same boat for me Levin. 10k does not pay one player's wages for a week. I get what Etienne says about resting them from training to stop them getting so tired but that seems a waste of training. I won't put a full team out in that competition again - it will be the reserve youths who get the gig next season.

Comment

"just a quick oneSent at: 15 Oct 21 13:24 From: Bulk To: AntepliEjderhayour senior wages arent allowed to be less than 30k so your current bids on players wont save you a penny, as the 12 players in your senior squad not on the list total less than 30k as is, so you cannot lower it any more.
                          just thought you might like to know..."

Just received this, so my efforts were pointless in a way.

I could buy 12 players at 2.5k salary each and be a little competitive.

Comment

For my affiliate team which is all youth focussed I have two high skilled veterans who cover the 30k in wages, so I use them in tight senior matches. I don't want to have more than that or I'd lose out on experience for my youth players.

It was kind of them to let you know!

Comment

That makes sense, when you say highly skilled what do you mean? Do you mean one exceptional batter and one bowler?

I'm building another squad of 16 year olds and plan to rotate them between senior and youth competitions.

Comment

Yes, exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                  Yes, exactly.
                                  Right, I'm off shopping then.

Comment

Don't spend too much. They will decline quickly as your senior academy will be crap. So it's the best players you can get for a couple of grand.

Comment

Do they need to be old? I've got three great 21 year olds.

Comment

Well, my team, Ayida, don't spend anything on the senior academy, so having 21 year olds would be a waste as they wouldn't improve and so their value would gradually decline. So I would sell the 21 year olds and buy 30 somethings because you can get a 55k ranked player for 1k, and then sack them after 1 or 2 seasons and replace them. To get a 55k 21 year old would cost loads.

Comment

OK, I'll see what I can find.

Comment

Congratulations to Favourite Worst Nightmare on winning OTF despite losing to jdsx in the final round. A fantastic win there by the Ducks to cement 2nd place, and only on NRR.

Comment

My youth recruit this week is ... not very good.

https://www.fromthepavilion.org/play...ayerId=2419734

Comment

My fire sale is over, I've now got a youth squad full of 16 year olds again. Still got four seniors to move on.

Very disappointed to miss out on one senior player this morning, hunting for an experienced bowler at the moment.

Comment

I don't like the winter months but I won't be too sad to see the clocks change as far as this game is concerned. I've never really got used to matches starting an hour late right through the summer.

Comment

In my match against Etienne today, one of my bowlers took two hat tricks in the same innings. Don’t think I’ve ever heard of that happening before.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X