No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pebblethefish and I had a tie today - 3 runs needed to win off the last ball, we ran 2 and then had a run out running the third

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      pebblethefish and I had a tie today - 3 runs needed to win off the last ball, we ran 2 and then had a run out running the third
      I was watching it live; knowing you needed three off the last ball, I pressed "refresh" and saw the beautiful sight of orange text, and stood up and punched the air. Then sat down and read it, and realised you'd scored two runs before the wicket.

Cracking game though, it's matches like that that are the reason I play the game.

Comment

Looks like the Zeugma Ferrets “Class of season 47” are beginning to pull up a few trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Favourite Worst Nightmare View Post
          Looks like the Zeugma Ferrets “Class of season 47” are beginning to pull up a few trees.
          Jinxed us for sure now.

Comment

Oh no, this hasn't started well.

Comment

Not today we didn't. I knew we'd been jinxed by this.

Comment

Good game AE, it looked as though you were on for the run chase until the middle order went down. Hope the jinx doesn’t extend any further than this match.

Comment

Two centurions and we still get dicked - up yours, game engine.

Comment

Good game AE, it looked as though you were on for the run chase until the middle order went down. Hope the jinx doesn’t extend any further than this match.
                    I was watching it and thought the same, especially at the drinks break when it looked like ours to lose. Which we did.

Comment

Having a lot of close games this week. Won by 2 runs on Monday. Tuesday I lost by 9 runs to a team whose rating was 36k higher. Today I beat pebble by 1 run. Plus I sold my best youth batsman at the weekend and got 87k for him, which was a pleasant surprise.

Comment

We had a thriller against Braceby Lynx, though they should feel robbed, given that they were ahead of the rate (often comfortably) for 36 overs, and then somehow lost.

Comment

I was caught on the hop Etienne. I had not realised your games go ahead a day earlier so I had not got round to picking my team. I'm surprised the patchwork side chosen by the game got so close. It's taught me to look at the day as well as the time these friendlies are scheduled for - I have not even got used to the clocks changing yet and all my league games taking place an hour later. Note to self - Must pay more attention!

Comment

Ah, that's how we get most of our wins.

Comment

I got lucky in my victory over the Lynx on Saturday. I'm quite glad I didn't end up with my third tie of the week though.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                I got lucky in my victory over the Lynx on Saturday. I'm quite glad I didn't end up with my third tie of the week though.
                                Three? That's the one thing that really seems to be different from real cricket, the amount of ties.

Comment

In the Youth T20 I was up against a zombie, after 8 overs they were 71/0 and I was starting to panic. We won by 9 wickets with 7.5 overs remaining but I was worried until we started to bat.

Comment

Pretty sure I've never had a tie at all.

Got a good youth recruit today, now got the unusual problem of whether to try and sell him immediately for a big price, whether to fatten him up a bit to sell aged 18 around Christmas time, or whether to try and develop him as a possible future senior player.

Comment

I got a useless youth recruit, but he was called Talkmore Sithole, so I'm keeping him.

Comment

I got this guy and I may just put him on the market for 200k and see if he goes.

Comment

It's been a while since I've done this and I may have missed a couple of players in the interim.

I do want to recognise Danefieldshire's Seamus Kavanagh for becoming the 3rd player to score 2000 OTF runs. He achieved this feat in 38 matches and is averaging 65.39.

St Marks Hill Strollers' Ross Anderson has passed two interesting landmarks. He has scored 1000 runs and also taken 25 wickets. He's averaging 64.12 with the bat and 18.96 with the ball.

Now my spotting for all rounders is pretty rudimentary, I don't have enough data to be able to compare properly but I don't think anyone else really matches up. I'm working off a 20/1 runs/wickets ratio as being ideal for a true all rounder. Pratham Kale scored 638 and took 51 wickets and Dinny Russell has scored 650 and taken 60. Both of these strike me more as bowlers who can bat a bit.

Comment

Put the aforementioned youth recruit up for sale with a 100k asking price and to my surprise somebody took the bait. So that was a tidy sum of money for a player whose entire career with me comprised of four runs batting at number seven. Made 215k from youth sales this month, so that's an academy upgrade coming next week.

Comment

The OTF Youth tournament has suddenly got interesting after a 4 run win from the Ferrets halted the Fuzzy Ducks juggernaut. Four teams still in it, with Nuhiu Rules still having to face all the top 3. The Ducks and the Strollers have consistently got the best match ratings, so it would be a surprise if one of them didn't win it, but Dragons are delighted to find themselves top at this stage.

The less said about the senior team the better.

Comment

A couple of absolute thrillers in the OTF league today, including in the top of the table game.

And the Dragons finally managed to win one.

Comment

Been going through the batting collapse against Wellworth on video analysis with the lads. Disappointed with them.

Nonetheless, there’s something quite comforting and English about a middle order collapse, just like a nice warm cup of tea.

Looks like the title is yours to lose now Levin (and would this make you the first multiple winner of the OTF League?)

Comment

It was a good game. Despite the bowler in me it sometimes feels that too many wickets fall in matches when the pitch is the tiniest bit favourable. Morgan's solid score from down the order is a bit of a rarity. It's not very often that a lower order player will dig in if the top has been skittled.

Is that you trying to Jonah me? The Baptists have claimed two titles already with Flowers, Dragons and Wellworth having one apiece.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X