No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's warming up at The Tabernacle, where the Baptists are trying to defend 315 against Levin's Wellworth.

Comment

Bloody hell, what was that guys? Part of it is on me for telling you to be too defensive early on but last time we played this lot you didn't make it through 50 overs. But still, 6 overs to go we had 6 wickets in hand and 59 runs to get. And what do you do? Score 10 runs? Lose 6 wickets? I'm not blaming you Jezza, Dylan, Malcolm. You're not there to score runs although we might be having words abut your line and length in the first innings. But for now, well, everyone have a think about their decision making in this game.

Comment

Casuals v Ferrets is just too tense. Gripping.

Comment

Good game. I did not expect that when the 6th wicket fell.

Comment

Neither did I but the Worm told me if we could stop the collapse we’d be OK.

Comment

Antepli Ejderha sorry pal, hard luck. It was such an epic I’d have been gutted to lose, so I’m sure you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                Antepli Ejderha sorry pal, hard luck. It was such an epic I’d have been gutted to lose, so I’m sure you are.
                That was a decent match, I thought I needed 250 minimum and an earlier wicket, that cluster of four just made it interesting but was too late to swing it my way.

Comment

I'm out of the cup but I did better than I expected. I kept the opposition down to 219/10 but then got bowled out for 123 in 37 overs. One downside if that all my seniors are a bit tired now and it's going to be a pain to rest them enough through the next couple of weeks.

Comment

I had a similar experience, played away to a better team, made 308, had them three down when they were half way to their target then I couldn't break a partnership and we lost by six wickets with seventeen balls remaining. Still I enjoyed being part of the big competition and made a handy 37k from gate receipts. Now a lot of my players are knackered and tomorrow's very winnable T20 is going to be an exercise in trying to win with the minimum possible. Defeated by Etienne on Saturday, the youths got beat today so I've already lost more matches in August than I did in the whole of July.

Comment

Well. Two close games last night. That was annoying.

Well played your boys Etienne.

Comment

Three concurrent games going in OTF II, 12 overs bowled in the first innings.

Comment

I ummed and ahhed whether to use inexperienced bowler Rodrigues and now have my answer. He’s going for 8+ an over just when we’d taken a wicket, and the Ducks are getting away.

Comment

Good win Antepli Ejderha 5 for 18 from Hussey!

When I went to bed you were seventy something for four at the halfway stage in the first innings and expected to see the Dragons quickly knock off whatever total you dragged your way to.
                            Last edited by Levin; 08-08-2020, 07:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                              Good win Antepli Ejderha 5 for 18 from Hussey!

When I went to bed you were seventy something for four at the halfway stage in the first innings and expected to see the Dragons quickly knock off whatever total you dragged your way to.
                              Good, only good. Charles Darwin, Joe Hart, that ginger haired women from an 80s band, your boys took a hell of a beating.

Comment

It was a good win, well done AE.

The only comfort I can take from the Casuals’ defeat to Fuzzy Ducks is that we weren’t all out in our run chase, thanks to a nice stand between keeper Ervin Graham and seamer Qais Lalor. Graham also caught three which helped him to a couple of MotM points. How’s that for a positive spin?

Comment

Good spin that Sits

My main concern now is my finances, my expenses are about 220k but if I don't get a bumper gate I'm in trouble.

Comment

Wow. I’m just about breaking even at 160k a week.

Comment

My expenses are up to 225k/wk
                                      My income obviously varies, but seems to run at around 230-250

Bought a player this week, which puts me in the red for the week, but I have enough in reserve for this not to be an issue

Comment

My player wages are about 90K a week, and my academies about 105K, plus the stadium upkeep (8K), so just over 200K all in. I'm selling off some of my more expensive/greedy players in an attempt to be able to upgrade my youth academy at some point. I think this may prove to be a mistake....

Comment

Oh dear. I read this pitch as flat, not slow. I may come to regret my tactics.

I'm paying 94k on wages and 103k on academies. Hopefully I'll break even over the season, some weeks in the black and others in the red.

Comment

Oh my. What an over

Edit: It was still a long shot but I had a moment of hope.

Beyond the engine's propensity to throw away wickets for no runs at the end of an innings it doesn't protect the tail by rotation very well either.
                                            Last edited by Levin; 08-08-2020, 19:09.

Comment

Won a game by one run yesterday. Wicket with the last ball.

Comment

That’s the way to do it. Give the fans their money’s worth.

Comment

Ugh. 5 wickets in 2 overs and I lose by 18 runs.

Comment

A sell out crowd today, I'll be expanding the ground unless I'm bankrupt.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X