No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in amongst the wooden spoon challengers.

Comment

I've received and accepted my invite, thanks.

I've placed my highest earners on the transfer market to get my wages down. I'd like to be under 70k per week and probably closer to 60k with nobody over 5k. If I'm going for youth and long term then I might as well do it properly.

Comment

My wages are now below $50k, which is probably why y’all keep thrashing me. But I have 23 youths, 21 of them 16-17yos.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
          My wages are now below $50k, which is probably why y’all keep thrashing me. But I have 23 youths, 21 of them 16-17yos.
          That's a very tight budget Sits.

Three bids of 10k each on batsmen, hoping to land one of them.

Tomorrow sees the next round of OTF One Day friendlies, I'm away to Wellworth and looking forward to another close battle and narrow defeat.

Comment

So on the subject of my weak senior squad, we are currently playing delicatemoth’s team, which has been managerless for over five weeks. A good chance we could lose.

So maybe a little work needed after all, then.

Comment

Baptists have the Village Flowers away twice in two days - one on a sticky track, one on a hard pitch. Haven't quite worked out the teams yet.

Comment

So if you don’t mind my asking, what are everyone’s current outlay for salaries and academies? Mine are:

Salaries c. $47k
                Senior Academy $17k
                Youth Academy $41

delicatemoth’s Runners beat us by the way.
                Last edited by Sits; 06-06-2020, 09:42.

Comment

Salaries $70k
                  Senior Academy $36k
                  Youth Academy $41k

I made $30k this week, $51k last and $7k the week before that.

Comment

How are earning so much? My outgoings are much the same in total and I am losing money most weeks.

Salaries 90k
                    Youth 26k
                    Senior 30k
                    ​​​​​

Comment

I have 4 other human managers in my One Day league & Twenty20, 5 in youth and 7 in youth Twenty20. The gate receipts are so much better when playing other humans. Even if I'm 5 in my youth T20 behind Georgetown Runners.

The Flowers Baptists game looks like a slow burner. 20 overs in and the Flowers have only just crept over a run rate of 3. They've only lost one wicket though.

Comment

Across four comps I have two human managers. Those outlays would bankrupt the Casuals in no time.

Comment

Salaries $80k
                          Senior Academy $26k
                          Youth Academy $41k

Comment

This week's outgoings were:

Wages: $90K
                            Senior: $26K
                            Youth: $41K

I just upgraded my youth academy from satisfactory to good (at a cost of $141K). But I got lucky with the sale of a player I bought for $12K and sold for $250K without knowing I was doing it, really. I'm hoping to have enough to upgrade the youth academy to excellent next week, assuming I can stop buying players. At the moment I'm hoping someone else comes in for AE's 'expensive' player for whom I put an offer of $1K on before realising his weekly wage is over $10K.... But I have got three senior players on the market at the moment - I don't expect any to sell for anything over $2K!

Comment

So everyone seems to be spending $140k-$160k a week.

Comment

*ahem* I think I'd better keep mine quiet in that case...

Comment

Salaries 86k but will be under 70k next week
                                  Senior Academy 27k
                                  Youth Academy 31k next upgrade will be 42k
                                  Gate Receipts under 60k

Comment

Great innings from Mahabir there. Now, was it enough?

Comment

My goodness. So tense.

Comment

wow

Comment

Quite remarkable.

Comment

17/6 I make it, some comeback that.

Comment

Conceding six off the first ball isn't the start we wanted for our strike bowler. Could be a long 50 overs at this rate.

Comment

Salaries 57k
                                                Senior 26k
                                                Youth 30k

Generally sponsorship covers my outgoings and gate receipts (average 50k per week) are pure profit. Both academies currently satisfactory, planning to upgrade them before too long.

Think jdsx is going to beat me here now my spinners have come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                                  Conceding six off the first ball isn't the start we wanted for our strike bowler. Could be a long 50 overs at this rate.
                                                  It looks like it was just a loosener now we're a few overs in.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post

It looks like it was just a loosener now we're a few overs in.
                                                    Very much so, I need to dismiss Irvine before too long. It's settling down into a tight match now on a sticky pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X