No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's everyone doing in their official leagues? Against hordes of bots, and the occasional human I'm top of three divisions, but the youth T20 is proving fun. All the teams have human management, three are too good, three I've beaten and next up is a game against the other side with 3 wins and 3 defeats. With 4 promotion slots, it's a biggie.

Comment

Got handed another beating by the Baptists this morning, thankfully OTF was offline so nobody could post how one sided the match was.

Comment

Well your game was the odd one out over the past day. We've had some cracking games. I was worried for Ad Hoc when I went to bed last night and the Nurdles were 50/3 but he hung on in the end. I did much better than I hoped for to still be in with the slimmest of chances with an over left against Village Flowers. I'm left wondering what might have been if I'd not sent my batters out with instructions to protect their wickets at all cost.

Comment

Kakanui Casuals’ (very) long game on 16/17yos is starting to impact on the seniors now. But whether I can use that as an excuse for getting thrashed by Fuzzy Ducks in the T20 I’m really not sure.

Comment

My defeat to delicatemoth yesterday was less close than the basic scorecard looks, we didn't score enough runs then took a bundle of wickets at the end by when the game was already gone.

Having a slight tweak to strategy in general, it's all well and good having a clump of young whippersnappers for the future and making 50k profit every week but I think I need a bit more quality in the here and now. So I've managed to sell some of the players towards the bottom of my squads and used some space in the budget to buy a 31 year old bloke who is expert in batting, accomplished in bowling and bursts the wage structure by taking home $7.5k a week.

Comment

I've gone out and bought three youth players, wanted to strengthen my batting and put bids on all three expecting to be outbid on at least one of them, it didn't happen.

I'm now saving to upgrade my youth academy, that's going to take some time.

Comment

I've gone and bought a few new players, mostly 20 year-olds. My youth team is now 'full' (23), so I'm going to stop now. Probably.

You did well with that veteran of yours, AE - Richie Bateman. Having bought him for $1K and sold him for $29K, he's now been sold again for $1K..... what's your secret?

Comment

I only got 66% of his transfer fee which didn't even cover a weeks wages, I'm guessing whoever bought him had to sell him off because of his salary.

Youth players with a decent academy is the way forward I think, I might even look at my first team squad and reduce the amount I spend on salaries. Short term for long term failure but it should be fun.

Comment

I'd only be getting 70% of the transfer fee if I sold any of my higher earners, they are staying put. I've got 80k in the bank so in a week I'll be able to upgrade my youth academy again.

I got hammered by the first non bot I've played in my official leagues, although I did keep the run rate to around 4. That's real straw clutching for you.

Comment

I'm looking forward to your game against Kakanui this evening.

And tomorrows game between the Dragons and the Flowers.

I beat a bot by 436 runs this afternoon and it wasn't much fun that way around either.

Comment

I'm flattered that the Flowers timed their sale of Drewey Kirzner for after our game.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                          I'm looking forward to your game against Kakanui this evening.
                          Battle of the also-rans! The Casuals are batting, and slowly. RR under 5 after half the overs. And my opener was out hitting the ball twice. Clown.

Comment

The Ferrets have this. KC 268-6

ZF are 118-1 off 23

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                              The Ferrets have this. KC 268-6

ZF are 118-1 off 23
                              And we did have it, a few late wickets made it tough. I thought our run rate wasn't high enough and some earlier wickets for you would have turned the match. Thanks for the match, it was quite even.

Comment

Yes, thanks. Despite the fact that like you, I’m playing the long/youth game, I may look at some careful bolstering of the senior squad.

Comment

Oh my. The flowers didn't bat the full 50 overs, finishing with 3 overs left. The Dragons require 180 on a crumbling wicket.

Comment

Yeah, apart from the fact that our spinners took 1-86, and left the damage to the seamers, we're happy with that. But you can't make any judgement till both sides have batted.

Comment

Are the Flowers putting out a full strength side or has Etienne cracked this game as well?

Comment

It looks like a full strength side to me.

Comment

Our batting drops off considerably after the opening pair. Get them out and this game is still on.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                            Our batting drops off considerably after the opening pair. Get them out and this game is still on.
                                            Talking yourself down there Etienne, under 50 now needed with 8 wickets in hand at 3 an over. Only the Ferrets could throw this away.

Comment

Bother. I think I may be having serious words with some of my batsmen after that.

Well done Etienne

Comment

Thanks. With regards to what Antepli said above about me cracking the game, I have 4 veterans, Esmond, George, Kumble and Boome who took nearly all the wickets and scored nearly all our runs. I've no more cracked the game than had captain insano when he won the Xpert XI OTF league in season 4 with a team of veterans that imploded the following season.

Comment

How much do their four salaries add up to Etienne?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X