No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to “fan” or “friend” other teams/managers?

Funny, I thought I was going to have a lot of extra time on my hands but this work bollocks is really stymying that.

I’ll go through that yellow starters’ guide again today.

Comment

Just one more question: does this thing cost money after a month?

Comment

No, it's like Xpert Eleven you get extra functionality if you pay (which they let you try for free the first month) but the basic game is free.

Comment

Ahh, that's The Pavilion then.

Thanks Etienne.

Comment

I'm the Bagillt Baptists, but I've done nothing with my team yet.

Comment

Bloody hell, Etienne just destroyed me. A simple 10 wicket win.

Comment

Well yeah, but you are recruiting lots of young players, while almost all my runs and wickets came from the five grizzled thirtysomethings I recruited.

Comment

Bugger. Longeared just outbid me on a player I wanted - and I didn't see until it was too late to bid back.

Comment

It's more annoying when it's another OTFer for some reason. I was outbid on a couple of players the other day by Longeared and Pebblethefish.

Comment

I've just woken up to find i like this game, Georgetown Runners scored an impressive 340 from their 50 overs, I knocked that off with over 4 overs to spare with an defeated 155 from my new captain and opener.

Time to go shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                        Bugger. Longeared just outbid me on a player I wanted - and I didn't see until it was too late to bid back.
                        Yeah, sorry about that, but in my defence I only joined in after another manager outbid you with a $2k offer.

Comment

Been shopping, now waiting for the results, saw ad hoc had bid for a player and left that one alone.

Next up for the Zeugma Ferrets are Sits' side. Looking forward to that meeting.

How much should I be spending on transfers? I've placed some bids of 10k now.

Comment

Difficult to tell. Levin has spent 55k on a player I see. My top one was 15k. We clearly start with a lot of cash, but there's obviously a risk that you can afford transfer fees but then wages become an issue down the line.

Comment

My advice would be to keep the bids below 10-20,000 to start with. Chances are pretty much all of your team will need replacing, so you won't be able to afford all the top quality players - stick to the accomplished and expert until you've got a solid starting XI. Then you can update them player by player over the ext couple of seasons.

One thing to notice (which I didn't, and it therefore nearly sunk my team) is that as well as the transfer fee, better players have higher wages. So don't think "I've got 500 grand, I can spend it all on players", because you're going to need some to actually pay them.

And I hope everyone's remembered to recruit their youth player this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                It's more annoying when it's another OTFer for some reason. I was outbid on a couple of players the other day by Longeared and Pebblethefish.
                                Sorry, didn't notice! I did deliberately avoid a player because I saw Croesewlejwljwlt Dragons were after him the other day, but it may take time for me to recognise all your team names.

Comment

And remember that you're getting a bonus $50k per week for your first 4 weeks when estimating wage to turnover. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm done spending money on players now. Ten from 11 of my first XI are new signings so buying more players at this point will be replacing money I've already spent.

Allrounders, fast bowlers, wicketkeepers, fast medium, wrist spinners (in that order I think) can get very expensive, very quickly, especially when they're young. The very best players in the game have ratings between 80,000 and 90,000.

Comment

Just bid for a batsman.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Sorry, didn't notice! I did deliberately avoid a player because I saw Croesewlejwljwlt Dragons were after him the other day, but it may take time for me to recognise all your team names.
                                      Oh don't worry about it. The market is big enough and cut throat enough that we can't afford to be polite.

Comment

And use your agent. You can have one player at a time be bidded on automatically up to a set limit.

Comment

I've hit you up for a youth friendly Sits, if you;re interested. I just worked out I could do that.

Comment

Oh and I think you. me and one other player are bidding for the same batsman

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                              And I hope everyone's remembered to recruit their youth player this week.
                                              How do you do that? Three 16 year olds appeared in my youth squad automatically, so I didn't think you needed to recruit.

Comment

Yeah, people feel free to outbid me. You might be saving me from myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post

How do you do that? Three 16 year olds appeared in my youth squad automatically, so I didn't think you needed to recruit.
                                                  Club>Academies and then there is a box at the top right corner

Comment

I've hit you up for a youth friendly Sits, if you;re interested. I just worked out I could do that.
                                                    And accepted.

Oh and I think you. me and one other player are bidding for the same batsman
                                                    I’m safely out of that. Way out of my depth here.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X