No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how and when players retire? Does it happen at a certain age and do I as manager have any control over the scheduling? Is there any prior warning?

Comment

I think they just continue to get worse and worse until you fire them. My 32 year old bowler has lost about 8k in rating since I bought him.

Comment

There's a thread in the OTF forum that has people ragging about their 50 year old player, so it would appear that Levin is right

Comment

FTP?

Comment

FTP, OTF, WTFD?

Comment

An excellent win for the Ferrets there, congratulations. It's also odd that every single Ferrets v Flowers one day match has been on a crumbling wicket.

Comment

Similarly ad hoc and myself are currently playing each other - this is the sixth time we've met and the fourth of these to be played on a sticky wicket.

Comment

Philip Esmond (Croesoswallt Dragons) becomes the first player to score 1000 runs in the OTF championship. He has scored 1002 runs in 20 innings at 62.63

The thirty three year old Kiwi will be expected address rumours of his retirement after the current match has finished.
                  Name Team Mat Inns No Runs HS Ave BF SR 0s 100 50 4s 6s
                  Philip Esmond Croesoswallt Dragons 20 20 4 1002 138 62.63 1089 92.01 1 2 7 69 12
                  Last edited by Levin; 05-09-2020, 19:39.

Comment

This could be tight.

Comment

Oh, I was optimistic.

Comment

Christ, Lotz really needs to stop taking a single on the first ball of the over.

Comment

Lovely win there for ad hoc and Lotz finishing things in style to win with a six that brought up his century.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                            An excellent win for the Ferrets there, congratulations. It's also odd that every single Ferrets v Flowers one day match has been on a crumbling wicket.
                            Just seen this, thanks. That is a very odd fact.

I've done another cull on my squad, reducing it down to the bare minimum with players on the transfer list. I think I'm starting from scratch again.

Comment

Disappointing to see that Etienne has sold the charmingly named Chris McCrystal

Comment

Halfway point in my youth league (40 over). It's a bit tight

Comment

Good luck with that ad hoc

Comment

Oh boy, everything to play for there.

Nothing down to the wire tight in this round of the championship, although there is a chance in Rules v Wellworth. Some good games though. A very good win for Danefieldshire against the Dragons and the Nurdles are looking strong at the minute even if results aren't going their way.

Comment

Crushed at home by the Fuzzy Ducks, 7 wickets and 7 overs to spare but it wasn't even that close.

Two players gone today, a bowler sold and a batsman sacked. I'm 45k in the red and this should reduce some costs, I need a couple of sell out crowds.

Comment

What level are your academies at? You don't seem to be spending that much on wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                          What level are your academies at? You don't seem to be spending that much on wages.
                                          Senior is now good, I needed some cash so downgraded it. The youth is at excellent.

I'm spending just under 100k on wages, it'll be 90k next week, and 90k on the academies. 10k goes on the stadium upkeep.

Comment

Impressively busy start to my game today as we managed to be 7-1 after 0.2 overs. In case you were wondering - nb1 W 1 nb3.

Comment

I think both me and jdsx owe Etienne a big thank you for his team's performance last night, and to young Mr Kiplagat in particular

Comment

What a game from Kiplagat. What a tournament. Averaging 60 and 13.

So, with one round to go (plus one match but it doesn't affect the top) we have 5 teams who are technically in with a shout of winning.

Comment

I finally got rid of the last senior player who came in my starting squad.

I've got enough bowlers now to rotate although they could all be a bit better. I could also do with a spare batter so I can rest players occasionally. But it would cost a good chunk of money to marginally improve my bowling and I I don't really want to add another wage that won't be used every match. So I guess I am where I am for a while. My star bowler is rapidly aging but he should cross over with his replacement in the youths at about the same level as the rest of my attack.

The less said about my youth team the better. I have one decent 16 yo and a 20 yo who will slot into my seniors but the rest will end their playing careers when they reach 21 I suspect.

Comment

I can't escape from Will Faunce. He was batting first drop for my opponent today. Got him cheap for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X