No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a hell of a start to Flowers - Dragons.

Comment

In no way an excuse but guess who forgot to set tactics?

longeared would have beaten us anyway, it’s fair to say.

Comment

I did wonder what Balfour was doing opening the batting and the bowling. Though he has managed to get one of my main bats out and I have to say we're not playing terribly well so far.

Comment

No need to panic longeared! Sorry we didn’t make more of a game of it.

Comment

I'd forgotten my Saturday game was played early due to time differences, a win is a win.

Now it's time to set my tactics for the week ahead and see if my divisions are still the same regarding numbers of humans and zombies.

Comment

Hmmm, this is weird, it won't let me select one of my youth players in any of the teams. Mahipal exists in the Youth squad but not on the menu.

Comment

That'll be the rule change for young players kicking in - he's 20 years 14 weeks so will graduate to the senior squad on Monday (I saw somewhere that the age update runs at the same time as the financial one) and hence not eligible for youth games.

Comment

Well, that was a pleasant match to wake up to! Etienne has always said that if you can get past his openers you've got a chance, so to get rid of both of them in the first eight balls was very pleasing. After that the Dragons total looked about 30 runs short, and so it proved, even if at the end my batsmen clearly said to each other "There's not many to get - let's see if we can get them all in singles!"

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                    That'll be the rule change for young players kicking in - he's 20 years 14 weeks so will graduate to the senior squad on Monday (I saw somewhere that the age update runs at the same time as the financial one) and hence not eligible for youth games.
                    Thanks, thought it must be something like that.

Comment

Good innings from Gent to get the Ferrets over the line. I know they had a lot of overs to play with but those wickets just kept falling.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                        Good innings from Gent to get the Ferrets over the line. I know they had a lot of overs to play with but those wickets just kept falling.
                        He's a keeper batsman and probably our most important player as he's a young captain too.

Comment

My son Dylan wants you to vote for him as Zimbabwe National manager in the upcoming election that will run from Wednesday through to Friday. He play as TopManager, and if you want an assistant national coach’s job, “hit him up on a D.M.” And mention that you are a fellow OTF’er.

Comment

Can't log in. The new front page seems to have broken and the log in button has vanished. This presents a problem as we're going on holiday in about 30 minutes....

Comment

The log in button is now hiding behind the "get a Team" bit. I did manage to get in by clicking on the username field, then Tab, then Return. Looking at the forum though, it seems that it varies depending on which browser you're using, or phone, or tablet etc.

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting in by tabbing twice and enter. Have a nice holiday Ad Hoc.

I may be spending a bit too much money now. I'll give it a couple of weeks to see what my gate is like but the combination of an academy upgrade, end of season pay rises and two new signings might have been a bit much.

Comment

Seems they’ve tweaked it slightly. Hope you got in ad hoc.

Comment

That new login was awkward for me for a week, rotating my phone helped.

Today it changed again and was hidden behind the login button.

I hope ad hoc got it sorted.

In my senior T20 there are 7 managers and just the one zombie team. I beat a manager who's been playing the game for 8 years so I'm happy. I almost filled the stadium as well which brought in over 40k.

I've put a few players up for sale as I'm going to be way over budget, I'm aiming to get my wages under 100k as there were some big wage increases at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                      Yeah, I'm getting in by tabbing twice and enter. Have a nice holiday Ad Hoc.

I may be spending a bit too much money now. I'll give it a couple of weeks to see what my gate is like but the combination of an academy upgrade, end of season pay rises and two new signings might have been a bit much.
                                      I'm in the same boat and have already decided to make sales, 3 seniors and 4 youths on the market.

Comment

Ugh. And I'm getting to see what average teams are like. All out for 69 in 17 overs against a team ranked 360 in the world.

Div III T20 is not going to be fun.

Comment

I've got Div 3 T20 to contend with as well and today was a bit of an eye-opener, we were away and there were 15k watching (which did bring in a handy chunk of money mind). The divisional ratings suggest a couple of the teams look a bit terrifying - there's one at 215k, thankfully we don't play them for a while. Still there's a couple of teams that have ratings well below me so survival should be within my compass. Oh and we lost off the last ball even though our opponents were miles better than us, so not sure whether to be pleased we were competitive or annoyed we didn't get a result.

I'm not quite sure where my budget is at, the wage bill jumped by 30k with raises and six signings so I've been trying to sell off fringe players and I'm down to just 13 seniors now. I can see I'm going to be spending more time planning how to juggle resources this season.

Comment

I think/hope ad hoc got in as the system shows him last logging in at 18:49 on the 28th.

As for divisions, are these country based? I’ve gone up from 6 to 5 in all forms of the game, and still a few zombies around. Did youse all get promoted higher because you’re better, or does it depend on team nationality?

Comment

Some leagues (England, Australia) have more players in than others, so it's harder to get to the higher divisions in those.

And we're all better than you, obvs.

Comment

The OTF Yoof tournament has started this calendar day.

Of the 7 players I've transfer listed I've only received one bid. That's not going to bring my wage bill down by very much.

Comment

I must admit, if I want rid I tend to just sack ‘em.

Comment

The Zeugma Ferrets v Kakanui Casuals is settling in nicely as a clash in the bottom half of the table, I'd have liked to have got 250 on the board. Another couple of wickets will settle the nerves now but let's see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X