No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One or two more I would like, but they finish tomorrow for me.

Comment

The transfer market is very inflated at the moment, I'm glad I picked up a few bargains before the end of the season. Sadly nobody is bidding on my players.

I've got a bit of money in the bank and will try to develop my squad some more. I've also noticed that a few of my players have awarded themselves some very healthy pay rises, 25% isn't uncommon. I'll see how my finances look but I might have to ship a few players out if I'm running a loss consistently.

Comment

The market is inflated but it's also the time of the year where most players get sold, in part because in the past people dumped 20yo, and also because people sell when money gets spent. It's self fulfilling.

Comment

Well as there are only OTF matches this week. Who do we think will be the first to 1000 OTF runs (one day)?
          Name Team Mat Inns No Runs HS Ave
          Philip Esmond Croesoswallt Dragons 13 13 3 742 138 74.20
          Rhys Nobes Village Flowers 13 12 4 691 139 86.38
          Miles George Croesoswallt Dragons 13 13 3 662 130 66.20
          Jabril Zuhair Village Flowers 12 11 1 612 153 61.20
          Claye Squires Village Flowers 13 13 2 579 148 52.64
          Vinayagamoorthi Prabath Wellworth 13 13 1 534 117 44.50
          Jitrendra Dungrani The Zeugma Ferrets 13 13 0 521 122 40.08
          Herman Bascombe Wellworth 13 13 2 509 124 46.27
          Garth Hendry The Csiki Nurdles 13 13 0 444 97 34.15
          Shahnawaz Mevawala Nuhiu Rules 9 9 2 443 116 63.29

Comment

And who will be first to 50 wickets?
            Name BT Team Mat Balls Mdns Runs Wkts Ave ER
            Bayden Boome rf Croesoswallt Dragons 13 724 6 482 38 12.68 3.99
            Nathan Cleeve lfm Village Flowers 13 736 10 365 35 10.43 2.98
            Tanver Kumble rm Croesoswallt Dragons 13 690 12 401 32 12.53 3.49
            Dylan Ruse rf Wellworth 13 587 7 318 30 10.60 3.25
            Rhys Ratcliffe rfm Village Flowers 13 730 11 425 28 15.18 3.49
            Abhijeet Thakar lfm Kakanui Casuals 13 695 3 601 24 25.04 5.19
            Roopnarine Neblett lf Bagillt Baptists 11 630 7 338 24 14.08 3.22
            Will Faunce lfs Bagillt Baptists 12 599 6 374 24 15.58 3.75
            Pratham Kale rws Croesoswallt Dragons 10 521 5 310 22 14.09 3.57
            Jezza Callery lf Wellworth 12 497 2 442 21 21.05 5.34

Comment

1 out of 20 in those lists, we've done well to win any games. Great stats Levin

Comment

What AE said.

Comment

I can only dream about getting 1 out of 20....

Comment

Having bought Vaughan Horn, I’m now bidding on Dillon Deane. It’s all about the names.

Comment

OK a bit of advice sought, most likely from OTF’s eminence grise of FTP, Pebble:

Archibald Hanna is the Casuals’ sole 30-something. He does very well for us and his overall stats are great, but despite my best efforts his bowling rating is continually dropping. This is despite me training him in bowling all the time. When he joined he was either Expert or Accomplished. I don’t mind sharing his stats. Is there anything I can do, even if it’s to upgrade the Senior academy? With that bowling rating I’m not even going to make much in a sale:

Comment

I am far from an eminence of any colour, but I think I'd treat him like I would do a highish skill 34 year old in X11. That is to say get the maximum use out of him until he retires, but don't worry about giving him game time if you have other options

Comment

He's practically 34 - he's toast. I've never kept anyone past age 31, so I don't know how quickly he'll be going down, but all the academies in the world aren't going to halt the slide.

Comment

Fair enough, thanks.

Comment

Oh one thing I did mean to do when OTF I ended. Award a player of the tournament. I'm going by number of MotM awards, ties broken by 3-2-1 points.

So out player of OTF I was Nuhiu Rules, Shahnawaz Mevawala (averaging 55 with the bat and 13 with the ball). Bayden Boome of Croesowallt Dragons was a very close runner up claiming 28 wickets at 11.36.
                              Last edited by Levin; 21-07-2020, 11:52.

Comment

Clash of the Titans in OTF T20 S2 (?), Csiki Nurdles have just kicked things off, facing the firestorm of Kakanui Casuals’ attack.

Comment

We’re getting flayed.

Comment

Ooh. And not a good start to the reply.

Comment

But you're making up ground.

Comment

Fair result, lost by 32 runs. Well done ad hoc, the Nurdles have improved a lot more than the Casuals since June 30th when we won. Anyway I can’t keep chopping and changing, buying and selling. Useless opener Ngwale, and useless keeper Shepherdson are on the market with no reserve, and will be followed by poor old Archibald “Toast” Hanna. There’s one bid left unsettled but it’s low and I don’t care whether I get him or not. He was backup in case I missed out on Dillon Deane. I didn’t, and he batted well last night.

This will leave a core squad of young players who will just have to gain experience over time.

Comment

Mevawala follows up his OTF award with 89 runs, a wicket and a pair of catches to cap a comprehensive victory over Cota to win us the Shield. Now I'm going to let off a million quid of fireworks, furlough all the staff and stand on my staircase to have the trophy presented by a hologrammatic Cilla amidst an atmosphere of general mawkishness. #ThisMeansJustAsMuch

Comment

I'd have thought you'd of got the real Nuhiu to present the trophy, as his farewell gesture to you.

Comment

Well played longeared.

Comment

And we're back after a few matchless days

At 2300 BST
                                                Danefieldshire v Ferrets
                                                Dragons v Flowers
                                                Casuals v Rules

1600 BST
                                                Wellworth v Nurdles

and finally at 1700
                                                Ducks v Baptists

Either the Dragons or the Flowers will be top come this time tomorrow but we could end up with 4 teams just one game behind the eventual leader.

Comment

We've got a slow pitch for tonight. I hate slow pitches. Particularly in conjunction with humid. On the bright side, at least I remembered to save my tactics, but I have little confidence, given that I'm playing a man who has clearly made a deal with the devil of online gaming.

Comment

The devil has reneged.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X