Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

That's a great old school expression! But one where the meaning of "rum" has been switched over the centuries:

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/307350.html
    Thanks for that. Great examples. A rum bubber seems like a fairly niche criminal

Comment

The Zeugma Ferrets are also in, ad hoc do you want a friendly? I've no idea how to play this.

Sits happy to play a tri nations?

Comment

Sure, a friendly would be good. I'm The Csiki Nurdles

Comment

Err, yeah. Kakanui Casuals are here. All looks very daunting at present. Can I set a friendly without actually making any effort? Going to bed in less than an hour.

Comment

I challenged you Sits (think we play tomorrow if you accept). I couldn't find Zeugma Ferrets using the search

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              I challenged you Sits (think we play tomorrow if you accept). I couldn't find Zeugma Ferrets using the search
              Accepted. How,did you search for me?

Comment

Under office, there is a search option. I typed in Kakanui in the team name box and located you that way

Comment

Cannot find either of you, hmmm. I'll keep looking.

Comment

Found now, challenges sent to both of you.

Comment

Is there an idiots guide for this?

Comment

I hope so. I’ve managed to set a lineup for our game against Csiki, which was accepted once I stopped trying to bowl with my keeper, and put a batsman in the lineup twice.

ad hoc has bravely bought a player I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                          Is there an idiots guide for this?
                          Did that ten page yellow tutorial guide pop up for you? I found that quite a useful little starting point. I have no idea how to relaunch it though, it just appeared at the top of the page

Comment

Just seen that now, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                              Found now, challenges sent to both of you.
                              I can’t see yours, but I did see ad hoc’s. Can’t remember where.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                I hope so. I’ve managed to set a lineup for our game against Csiki, which was accepted once I stopped trying to bowl with my keeper, and put a batsman in the lineup twice.
                                I clicked on the "Suggest Lineup" button, which took away any of that stress

Comment

ad hoc has bravelyfoolishly bought a player I see.

Comment

nmrfox might like this, I wonder who else?

3 players for 1k each, they've improved my team. What's the minimum and maximum in a squad?

Comment

My very cursory initial glances suggest that you won;t be close to the maximum yet, but if you have too many (like 25+ senior players) the training will be negatively affected in some way. However training is the thing I don;t really understand yet (well it's the thing I understand least about in a whole swath of things I understand little of)

Comment

I can’t see yours, but I did see ad hoc’s. Can’t remember where.
                                        Office then challenges.

Comment

Nice, I get to unleash my star signing on Antepli's team tomorrow. I really like how the games happen in real time. When my team played pebble's I first looked in at about 20 overs, then checked a couple of hours later in time to catch the end of our innings.

I've just realised my star signing is Scottish. I'm in the West Indies, and my best cricketer is a Scot. That seems a bit wrong somehow, as does the fact I haven't yet unearthed a fast bowler. I've also found that people will pay money for my transfer listed bilge. Only 1 or 2K, but even so it's a bit odd.

I know it looks pretty complicated at first but that tutorial guide does a very good job.

Comment

Star signing? We're screwed then.

I've taken the decision to try and replace by upgrading by a level or two. I've no idea what I'm doing yet but it's a little bit addictive.

If Sits accepts my friendly request I'll have set up four against different OTFers. I think I'll avoid pebblethefish for now.

Comment

Levin Wellworth
                                              Longeared Nuhiu Rules
                                              Antepli Ejderha The Zeugma Ferrets
                                              Ad Hoc The Csiki Nurdles
                                              Sits Kakanui Casuals
                                              Pebblethefish
                                              Delicatemoth Georgetown Runners
                                              Etienne
                                              Duncan Gardner
                                              Vicarious Thrillseeker

This is who I've got, would be happy to update with team names and any other OTFers who are playing.

Comment

Quick bowlers seem to be the hardest players to acquire on the transfer market, medium pacers are ten a penny but anything faster becomes a right pain - I've bid on quite a few and the prices just go up to silly money for relatively middling ability. Although having said that I picked up a fast medium bloke for $2k this morning when I'd expected to pay considerably more.

Comment

We are Croesoswallt Dragons, naturally.

Comment

Do different players improve at different rates?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X