No announcement yet.

Cricketing Timewaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I managed to get the youth academy to Good, but it didn’t half cost. I had to trim the wage bill down under $50k.

Comment

I managed to buy a cheap 20yo expert finger spinner last night. But it's put my youth squad up to 25 players, so I'm having to sell a couple.

I'm also having to sell my one 'exceptional' player because, realistically, I can't afford his $13K wage bill. I've put a minimum of $40K on him and will have to keep him for another week or two if he doesn't sell. Hoping to upgrade my academies if I can knock my wage bill down a bit, they're both at satisfactory at the moment.

Comment

My senior one is at good, my junior one at satisfactory

Comment

I've got a young left handed wrist spinner I bought off Sits, so he's getting his full 10 over allowance in the next OTF game against the Casuals tomorrow morning.

Comment

Everard Sharman! Should’ve put one of those clauses in the sale contract.

I wonder if he will choose not to celebrate when he takes a wicket, as he surely will.

Comment

It's a flat track. I'm not hopeful, and he's only 11th strongest in the bowling stats - but the kid's got to learn....

Comment

I see there's a player for sale at the moment called Tory Muddle. Makes me want to put an offer in just for the sake of it...but he's going for $15K at the moment....

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                  It's a flat track. I'm not hopeful, and he's only 11th strongest in the bowling stats - but the kid's got to learn....
                  I trust he will put in an appearance on the crumbling pitch on Sunday, though....;-)

Comment

Big game for me today, the only other human in the league comes to my manor along with 6900 spectators. We're both predictably 6-0 so far, they're above us thanks to having a better net run rate. They're better than us so realistically we're going to lose, but I've done what I can to stack the cards in my favour - selected a pitch that might disbenefit them (and changed it at the latest possible opportunity) and rested the entire team for a bot game on Tuesday. That turned out to be quite fun as I ended up fielding a mix of fringe players, youths, waifs and strays and amusingly this week's youth recruit outbowled my two supposedly better spinners. Keep him for the time being then.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post

I trust he will put in an appearance on the crumbling pitch on Sunday, though....;-)
                      Shit - crumblling track - spinners!

Comment

I take it that nmrfox has withdrawn his talents from the Thoxtoxeter Fourths. The Nurdles beat them by 278 runs yesterday in the regular league.

Comment

Aargh - 10 overs 0-69. This could cost me big.

Comment

After a decent opening partnership I'm now in trouble and expect to lose by three figures, my two new youth recruits are currently at the crease, I wonder if they will last as long as it takes me to type this.

A dropped catch and a missed runout.

Comment

In fairness, at 36-3 you had me in all sorts of trouble. The fourth wicket partnership was kind of a killer.

From my point of view, it was touching to see Drewey Kirzner score an unbeaten century on his last ever game (as things stand in the bidding, he's being sold in six hours time to a team called Hopeless). He's been at the Flowers for nearly 3 years and scored nearly 10000 runs.

Comment

Balls, I'd hoped for a better performance than that. Even if the result was expected. I think I need to save up for better bowlers, not that getting both openers out would have changed the result but Ruse is getting on and the rest aren't quite up to it. Argh, but then, what of my plan to go home grown? Not that that looks like it will bear fruit any time soon.

I don't get the batting orders. The players I set to D all got out in single figures while the player I set to A got 30 off 70 balls.Although, only 4 players managed to get to double figures.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                  In fairness, at 36-3 you had me in all sorts of trouble. The fourth wicket partnership was kind of a killer.

From my point of view, it was touching to see Drewey Kirzner score an unbeaten century on his last ever game (as things stand in the bidding, he's being sold in six hours time to a team called Hopeless). He's been at the Flowers for nearly 3 years and scored nearly 10000 runs.
                                  We also made a good start in the run chase, 80 for the opening pair at just over 4 an over, it all went downhill after that.

Comment

Aargh - 10 overs 0-69. This could cost me big.
                                    Didn’t do you too much harm in the end. At least we batted through our 50 overs, but my seamers let me down.

Comment

I was a little nervous, Sits - we don't bat too well after 7, and with 5 wickets down and a few still to get, I wasn't overly confident. Good game.

Comment

Thanks, I need to re-jig my bowling orders a bit. The new signing Hanna did well but only got five overs.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                          I take it that nmrfox has withdrawn his talents from the Thoxtoxeter Fourths. The Nurdles beat them by 278 runs yesterday in the regular league.
                                          Real sorry all but haven't had the time to look into this at all.

Comment

longeared is absolutely flaying my bowlers in the friendly I foolishly invited him to. On now if you want to see some carnage.

Comment

A win in the OTF league! A miracle!

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                                I'm also having to sell my one 'exceptional' player because, realistically, I can't afford his $13K wage bill. I've put a minimum of $40K on him and will have to keep him for another week or two if he doesn't sell. Hoping to upgrade my academies if I can knock my wage bill down a bit, they're both at satisfactory at the moment.
                                                My 'exceptional' player, whom I bought for $12K about six weeks ago, is now selling for $350K. It's a shame I won't see all of that cash - I think I should get $250K though - enough for an academy upgrade!

Comment

Wow.

The market really is massively seasonal.

Comment

VA and I won our playoffs so Etienne please can you challenge Wellworth to a T20 friendly with your choice of pitch and random weather and pebblethefish can you challenge the Baptists to the same?

Would people be interested in another T20 competition? And if so would they like the same format or to just have a top and bottom league? (assuming we have more than 10 teams interested)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X